The Wear-Resistance of 3Cr2W8V Steel with Cave Pit Non-Smooth Surface Processed by Laser
The cave pit non-smooth surface on the 3Cr2W8V die steel were processed by laser and the size and microstructure of the non-smooth units were studied. The wear-resistance and hardness of the 3Cr2W8V steel with non-smooth surface were measured. The results show that the wear-resistance characteristic is better if the distance between non-smooth units is smaller. The size (the depth, the width), the hardness and the microstructure of the units vary with the laser parameters. When the current intensity and the pulse duration increase, the microstructure of non-smooth unit becomes coarser for the increase in the width and volume, as a result, the hardness decreases and the wear-resistance improves. The wear-resistance of the non-smooth material under higher current intensity and longer pulse duration was found to be better in the experiments. The improved degree of wear-resistance lies in the combination of size, microstructure and hardness of non-smooth unit.
Keywordswear-resistance laser parameter non-smooth 3Cr2W8V die steel cave pit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hu Q L, Li X D, Shen J C. Progress in structure biomimetic materials. Chinese Journal of Materials Research, 2003, 17, 51–60. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Tong J, Ma Y H, Ren L Q. Naturally biological materials and their tribology: A review. Tribology, 2001, 21, 315–320. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Wang Y Q, Zhou B L. Biomimetic material science-a promising interdiscipline. Materials letter, 1995, 4, 1–12.Google Scholar
- Ren L Q, Li J Q, Chen B C. Unsmoothed surface on reducing resistance by bionics. Chinese Science Bulletin, 1995, 40, 1077–1088. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Ren L Q, Xu D S, Qiu X M, Zhao Y G. Research on wear-resistant composite with bionic unsmooth surface. Transactions of the Chinese Society Agricultural Engineering, 2001, 17, 7–9. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Ren L Q, Wang Z Z, Han Z W. Experimental research on sliding wear of bionic nonsmoothed surface. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Machinery, 2003, 34, 86–88. (in Chinese)Google Scholar