Reduction of Pyrite Cinder Pelets Mixed with Coal Powder
- 1 Downloads
Direct reduction of pyrite cinder in a rotary hearth furnace (RHF) was studied under the condition of laboratory simulation. Effects of reduction temperature, reduction time, molar ratio of carbon to oxygen, and CaO addition on metallization rate as well as compressive strength of the pellets after reduction were discussed. The results showed that the metallization rate and compressive strength were 93.9% and 2160 N per pellet respectively under the conditions of the reduction temperature of 1200 °C, the reduction time of 16 min, and the molar ratio of carbon to oxygen (xc/xo) of 1.0; adding 2. 5 % CaO was beneficial to sulfur enrichment in slag phase of pellet, and metallization rate increased slightly while compressive strength decreased.
Keywordspyrite cinder metallization rate compressive strength pellet coal powder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. H. Bai, X. Q. Zhou, Iron and Steel 44 (2009) No. 7, 7–12.Google Scholar
- Q. J. Liu, X. L. Zhou, H. W. L. P. Zou, Yunnan Metall. 32 (2003) No. 2, 27–29.Google Scholar
- B. S. Hu, H. Wang, Multipurp. Util. Miner. Resour. 23 (2002) No. 2, 16–18.Google Scholar
- Y. J. Zheng, M. J. Chen, G. L. Huang, J. Gent. South Univ. Sci. Technol. 37 (2006) 252–256.Google Scholar
- X. Zhang, J. L. Zhang, H. Guo, L. Bai, Mining and Metallurgical Engineering 29 (2009) No. 2, 55–62.Google Scholar
- X. G. Huang, Principle of Ferrous Metallurgy, Metallurgical Industry Press, Beijing, 2010.Google Scholar
- M. Xu, Z. X. Zhao, J. L. Zhang, L. T. Kong, T. J. Wan, J. Iron Steel Res. 19 (2007) No. 10, 11–16.Google Scholar
- X. M. Guo, S. B. Zhang, N. X. Fu, X. F. Zhao, J. Univ. Sci. Technol. Beijing 8 (2001) 185–192.Google Scholar
- X. M. Yang, Y. S. Xie, D. G. Wang, D. B. Huang, L. T. Kong, T. J. Yang, J. Iron Steel Res. Int. 7 (2000) No. 2, 1–6.Google Scholar
- Z. L. Xue, D. N. Zhao, D. Yang, C. Ke, G. J. Ma, F. Yang, Q. X. Wang, J. Univ. Sci. Technol. Beijing 32 (2010) 1532–1540.Google Scholar
- L. H. Zhou, J. Mater. Sci. Eng. 28 (2010), 345–348.Google Scholar