Heat treatment of cold-rolled low-carbon Si-Mn dual phase steels
The effects of overageing (OA) and vanadium addition on microstructure and properties of cold-rolled low-carbon Si-Mn dual phase (DP) steel sheets are studied. The results show that the microstructure and mechanical properties of DP steels are greatly affected by OA temperature. When OA is done at low temperatures (473– 573 K), the elongation rate increases sharply while both the yield strength and tensile strength decrease significantly. When OA is done at high temperatures (>573 K), the elongation does not further increase, but the yield strength increases and tensile strength decreases, which deteriorates the mechanical properties of the steel. The results also show that both the strength and the tempering stability can be significantly improved by vanadium microalloying. Finally, the optimum OA temperature for the traditional steel appears to be around 523 K, while it is around 573 K for the V-containing steel, resulting in the best overall mechanical properties.
Key wordsdual phase steel overageing microstructure mechanical property vanadium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- HE Ze-fu, XIA Jing, QIAN Xiao-rong. Microstructure Observation of Si-Mn Duplex Phase Steels [J]. Journal of Chongqing Jianzhu University, 1985, (01): 83 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Kot R A, Bramfitt B L. Fundamentals of Dual-Phase Steels [M]. Warrendale: Metallurgical Society of AIME, 1981.Google Scholar
- Takasaki J, Irie T, Haga T, et al. Production of 35 245 kgf/mm2 Cold Rolled High Strength Steels With Excellent Press Formability by Continuous Annealing [J]. Tetsu-to-Hagane, 1982(9): 150.Google Scholar
- JIANG Jun-hua, LI Jun, HU Wen-bin. Tempered Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Ultra-High Strength Cold-Rolled Low-Carbon Si-Mn Dual Phase Steel [J]. Heat Treatment of Metals, 2007, 32(9): 13 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- ZHU Xiao-dong, WANG Li, JI Si-kai, et al. Effect of Over-Ageing on the Mechanical Properties and Microstructure of Cold Rolled Low Carbon Si-Mn Dual Phase Steel Sheets [J]. Transactions of Materials and Heat Treatment, 2003, 24(2): 50 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- ZHU Xiao-dong, WANG Li, YU Ning-feng, et al. Effect of Over Ageing and Temper Rolling on Mechanical Property and Bake Hardenability of Cold Rolled Dual Phase Steel Sheet [J]. Journal of Iron and Steel Research, 2003, 15(6): 47 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- KUANG Shuang, KANG Yong-lin, YU Hao, et al. Influence of Tempering on Microstructure and Mechanical Property of Dual Phase Steel of C-Si-Mn Alloy System [J]. Iron and Steel, 2008, 43(3): 77 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- MA Ming-tu, WU Bao-rong. Dual-Phase Steel [M]. Beijing: China Metallurgical Industry Press, 1988 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- XU Zhou, ZHAO Lian-cheng. Principle of Solid-State Phase Transformation of Metals [M]. Beijing: Science Press, 2004 (in Chinese).Google Scholar