Characteristic Parameters for Dendritic Microstructure of Solidification During Slab Continuous Casting
The operating conditions during the continuous casting process have a great effect on the microstructure of slab solidification, including primary and secondary dendritic arm spacing. On the basis of the analysis of available work, a revised expression for describing secondary dendritic arm spacing during solidification of slab continuous casting was presented, and the relation between the ratio of primary dendritic arm spacing to secondary dendritic arm spacing and the cooling rate was obtained.
Key wordsslab continuous casting dendritic solidification microstructure dendritic arm spacing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- FENG Ke, CHEN Deng-fu, XU Chu-shao, et al. Progress on Research Work to Important Characteristic Parameters of Dendrite Microstructure Formed During Solidification Process of Concasting Billet [J]. Special Steel, 2004, 25(3): 1.Google Scholar
- Hunt J D. Solidification and Casting of Metals [M]. London: The Metals Society, 1979.Google Scholar
- Flemings M C. Solidification Processing [M]. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Co, 1974.Google Scholar
- Campbell J. Castings [M]. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd, 1991.Google Scholar
- GUO Wei, JI Cheng, ZHAO Qi, et al. Study on Online Real-Time Temperature Field Calculation Model for Slab Caster in the System of Dynamic Soft Reduction [J]. Journal of Materials and Metallurgy, 2006, 5(3): 186.Google Scholar
- Wolf M. Continuous Casting/Initial Solidification and Strand Surface Quality of Peritectic Steels [A]. Iron and Steel Society of AIME, eds. Continuous Casting [C]. Varrendale: Iron and Steel Society of AIME, 1997. 69.Google Scholar