Thermodynamic properties of carbon and manganese in Mn-C and Mn-Fe-C melts
Carbon solubility in Mn-Fe melts (xMn=0.083 − 0.706, xFe = 0.034 − 0.715) was measured experimentally at various temperatures. By thermodynamic derivation and calculation, the relationship between activity coefficient of carbon in infinite dilute solution of manganese in Mn-C system and temperature was obtained. Using Gibbs-Duhem relationship, the experimental results of this study, and experimental data obtained by strict thermodynamic derivation and calculation in references, the relationships between other thermodynamic properties (εCC, εCCC, εCFe, εCCFe, and εcFeFe) in Mn-Fe-C system and temperature were obtained.
Key wordsMn-Fe-C melt activity interaction parameter thermodynamic property carbon manganese
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kim E J, Pak J J. Thermodynamics of Carbon in Liquid Ferromanganese Alloys [A]. ISS, eds. 2002 Steelmaking Conf Proc [C]. Warrendale: ISS, 2002. 715.Google Scholar
- 6.CHEN Er-bao, DONG Yuan-chi, GUO Shang-xing. Study on Thermodynamical Properties in Mn-Fe Alloy Melts [J]. Acta Metallurgica Sinica, 1997, 33(8): 831 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 7.NI Rui-ming, MA Zhong-ting, WEI Shou-kun. Thermodynamics of Mn-Fe-C and Mn-Si-C Systems [J]. Journal of Iron and Steel Research, 1990, 2(4): 17 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 10.HUANG Xi-hu. Principle of Ironmaking and Steelmaking (Revised Edition) [M]. Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press, 1997 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 11.Turkdogan E T. Physical Chemistry of High Temperature Technology [M]. NewYork: Academic, 1980.Google Scholar