Simulation and experimental analysis of supporting characteristics of multiple oil pad hydrostatic bearing disk
- 7 Downloads
To study the heavy hydrostatic bearing with multiple oil pads, a reasonably simplified model of the pad is put forward, and the mathematical model of the bearing characteristics of the multiple oil pad hydrostatic bearing is built with consideration of variable viscosity. The pressure field in the clearance oil film of the hydrostatic bearing at various velocities is simulated based on the Finite Volume Method (FVM) by using the software of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). Some pressure experiments on the hydrostatic bearing were carried out and the results verified the rationality of the simplified model of the pad and the validity of the numerical simulation. It is concluded that the viscosity has a great influence on the pressure in the heavy hydrostatic bearing and cannot be neglected, especially, in cases of high rotating speed. The results of numerical calculations provide the internal flow states inside the bearing, which would help the design of the oil cavity structure of the bearing in engineering practice.
Key wordshydrostatic bearing oil pad supporting characteristics Finite Volume Method (FVM)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- NOVIKOV E. A., SHITIKOV I. A. and MAKSIMOV V. A. Characteristics of hydrostatic thrust bearing[J]. Khimicheskoe Neftegazovoe Mashinostroenie, 2004, 12(4): 23–26.Google Scholar
- MA Wen-qi, JIANG Ji-hai and ZHAO Ke-ding. Research on temperature rise of hydrostatic thrust bearing under variable viscosity[J]. China Mechanical Engineering, 2001,12(8): 953–955(in Chinese).Google Scholar
- JIANG Ji-hai, MA Wen-qi and ZHAO Ke-ding. Characteristic analysis of annular hydrostatic bearing based on variable viscosity[J]. Journal of Harbin Institute of Technology, 2000, 32(4): 19–25(in Chinese).Google Scholar
- CHEN G. H., KANG Y. and CHANG Y. P. et al. Influences of recess geometry and restrictor dimension on flow patterns and pressure distribution of hydrostatic bearings[C]. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Proceedings. Ann Arbor, USA, 2007, 2: 1045–1053.Google Scholar
- YU Xiao-dong, MENG Xiu-li and WU Bo. Simulation research on temperature field of circular cavity hydrostatic thrust bearing[J]. Key Engineering Materials, 2010, 141-149: 419–421.Google Scholar
- SHAO Jun-peng, ZHANG Yan-qin and LI Peng-cheng. Static flow simulation of hydrostatic bearing ellipse and sector curve based on fluent[J]. Lubrication Engineering, 2007, 32(1): 93–95(in Chinese).Google Scholar
- ZHANG Yan-qin, SHAO Jun-peng and NI Shi-qian. Numerical simulation of temperature field in large size hydrostatic bearing[J]. China Mechanical Engineering, 2008, 19(5): 563–565(in Chinese).Google Scholar
- ZHANG Y. Q., YANG X. D. and LI H. M. et al. Research on influence of cavity depth on load capacity of heavy hydrostatic bearing in variable viscosity condi-tion[J]. Advanced Materials Research, 2010, 129–131: 1181–1185.Google Scholar
- DING Zhen-qian. Design of fluid hydrostatics support[M]. Shanghai, China: Shanghai Scientific and Technological Publishings, 2004(in Chinese).Google Scholar