Identification of Abkowitz Model for Ship Manoeuvring Motion Using ε -Support Vector Regression
- 21 Downloads
By anac10°/10° zigzag test, the hydrodynamic derivatives in the Abkowitz model for ship manoeuvring motion are identified by using ε -Support Vector Regression (ε -SVR). To damp the extent of parameter drift, a series of random numbers are added into the training samples to reconstruct the training samples. The identification results of the hydrodynamic derivatives are compared with the Planar Motion Mechanism (PMM) test results to verify the identification method. By using the identified Abkowitz model, 20°/20° zigzag test is numerically simulated. The simulated results are compared with those obtained by using the Abkowitz model where the hydrodynamic derivatives are obtained from PMM tests. The agreement is satisfactory, which shows that the regressive Abkowitz model has a good generalization performance.
Key wordsship manoeuvring Abkowitz model parameter identification ε -Support Vector Regression (ε -SVR)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ABKOWITZ M. A. Measurement of hydrodynamic characteristic from ship maneuvering trials by system identification[J]. Transactions of Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, 1980, 88: 283–318.Google Scholar
- SELVAM R. P., BHATTACHARYYA S. K. and HADDARA M. R. A frequency domain system identification method for linear ship manoeuvring[J]. International Shipbuilding Progress, 2005, 52(1): 5–27.Google Scholar
- BHATTACHARYYA S. K., HADDARA M. R. Parameter identification for nonlinear ship manoeuvring[J]. Journal of Ship Research, 2006, 50(3): 197–207.Google Scholar
- CHIU F. C., CHANG T. L. and GO J. et al. A recursive neural networks model for ship maneuverability prediction[C]. Proceedings of Ocean’04, MTS/IEEE Texhno-Ocean’04. Kobe, Japan, 2004, 3: 1211–1218.Google Scholar
- VAPNIK V. N. Universal learning technology: Support vector machines[J]. NEC Journal of Advanced Technology, 2005, 2(2): 137–144.Google Scholar
- LUO Wei-lin, ZOU Zao-jian. Identification of response models of ship maneuvering motion using support vector machines[J]. Journal of Ship Mechanics, 2007, 11(6): 832–838.Google Scholar
- LUO W. L., ZOU Z. J. Prediction of ship mano- euvring by using support vector machines[C]. Work- shop on Verification and Validation of Ship Mano- euvring Simulation Methods, SIMMAN 2008. Copenhagen, Denmark, 2008, 1: E28–E32.Google Scholar
- LUO W. L., ZOU Z. J. Parametric identification of ship manoeuvring models by using support vector machines[J]. Journal of Ship Research, 2009, 53(1): 19–30.Google Scholar
- CHISLETT M. S., STRØM-TEJSEN J. Planar motion mechanism tests and full-scale steering and maneuvering predictions for a Mariner Class Vessel, Technical Report Hy-6, Hydro- and Aerodynamics Laboratory, Lyngby, Denmark, 1965.Google Scholar