ADOSH: software with graphic user interface for analysis and design of truss structures
- 31 Downloads
In this article, Analysis and Design Optimization of truss Structures using meta-Heuristics (ADOSH) software for truss structural analysis and optimization has been developed to solve truss optimization problems with shape and sizing design variables. Graphical user interface (GUI) of the software is designed to simplify the work process of designers. The software was developed based on MATLAB programming language. Designers can easily analyze and approximate optimum solutions of a truss structure with or without computer programming background. Moreover, user-defined design variable decoding, user-defined optimizers as well as interfacing with another standalone application are also supported for more advanced design.
KeywordsTruss optimization Finite element analysis MATLAB codes Meta-heuristics
The authors are grateful for support from the Royal Golden Jubilee Ph.D. Program (Grant no. PHD/0130/2557) and the Thailand Research Fund (BRG5580017).
- Kaveh, A., & Talataharib, S. (2008). A hybrid particle swarm and ant colony optimization for design of truss structures. Asian Journal of Civil Engineering, 9, 329–348.Google Scholar
- Kaveh, A., & Talataharib, S. (2010). A charged system search with a fly to boundary method for discrete optimum design of truss structures. Asian Journal of Civil Engineering, 11, 277–293.Google Scholar
- Kaveh, A., & Zakian, P. (2014). Enhanced bat algorithm for optimal design of skeletal structures. Asian Journal of Civil Engineering, 15, 179–212.Google Scholar
- Kaveh, A., & Zolghadr, A. (2011). Shape and size optimization of truss structures with frequency constraints using enhanced charged system search algorithm. Asian Journal of Civil Engineering, 12, 487–509.Google Scholar
- Kaveh, A., & Zolghadr, A. (2017). Truss shape and size optimization with frequency constraints using tug of war optimization. Asian Journal of Civil Engineering, 18, 311–333.Google Scholar
- Kaveh, A., Jafari, L., & Farhoudi, N. (2015). Truss optimization with natural frequency constraints using a dolphin echolocation algorithm. Asian Journal of Civil Engineering, 16, 29–46.Google Scholar
- MacDonald T, Botero E, Vegh J, Variyar A, Alonso J, Orra T et al. SUAVE: An open-source Environment enabling unconventional vehicle designs through higher fidelity, 55th AIAA Aerospace sciences meeting, (2017).Google Scholar
- Robič T, Filipič B. DEMO: Differential evolution for multiobjective optimization, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, (2005) 520-533.Google Scholar
- Tanabe R, Fukunaga A. (2013) Success-history based parameter adaptation for differential evolution, In: 2013 IEEE congress on evolutionary computation.Google Scholar
- Kennedy J, Eberhart R. (1995) Particle swarm optimization, In: proceedings of ICNN’95-international conference on Neural networks.Google Scholar
- Eberhart R, Kennedy J. (1995) A new optimizer using particle swarm theory, In: MHS’95 proceedings of the sixth international symposium on micro machine and human science.Google Scholar