Comparison of precursors on hydroxyapatite with binders on phases, particle size, and morphology
- 79 Downloads
Hydroxyapatite (Hap) ceramic material was synthesized using polyethylene glycol by a sol-gel method which was found to be more advantageous to modify the morphology and particle size. Structural analysis of prepared Hap with different precursors was carried out by XRD studies. The phase transition and function group analysis were carried out by FTIR studies. FESEM images clearly showed the influence of various precursors on the morphology of the synthesized material which finds its application in various medical fields such as in implants and coatings.
KeywordsHydroxyapatite Polyethylene glycol Sol-gel Precursors FESEM
The authors thank the VIT University for all the facilities.
- 6.Khalil, K.A., Almajid, A.A., Soliman, M.S.: Effect of hydroxide ion concentration on the morphology of the hydroxyapatite nanorods synthesized using electrophoretic deposition. Mater. Sci. Appl. 2, 105 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Nayak, A.K.: Hydroxyapatite synthesis methodologies: an overview. Int. J. Chem. Technol. Res. 2(2), 903–907 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Pradhan, D.K., Choudhary, R.N.P., Samantaray: Studies of dielectric relaxation and AC conductivity behavior of plasticized polymer nanocomposite electrolytes. Int. J. Electrochem. Sci. 3, 597–608 (2008)Google Scholar
- 16.Manoj, M., Subbiah, R., Mangalaraj, D., Ponpandian, N., Viswanathan, C., Park, K.: Influence of growth parameters on the formation of hydroxyapatite (HAp) nanostructures and their cell viability studies. Nanobiomedicine. 3–11 (2014)Google Scholar
- 17.Filipponi, L., Sutherland, D.: Fundamental concepts in nanoscience and nanotechnologies. iNano. 12 (2010)Google Scholar
- 18.Gittings, J.P., Bowen, C.R., Turner, I.G., Dent, A.C.E., Baxter, F.R., Chaudhuri, J.B.: Dielectric properties of hydroxyapatite based ceramics, pp. 2–5. Multi Material Micro Manufacture, Research, Cardiff (2008)Google Scholar
- 19.Zeta potential analysis of nanoparticles. Nano Composix, vol. 1.1, Ronson Ct Ste K, San Diego (2012)Google Scholar