Longitudinal injection scheme for an ultra-low-emittance storage ring light source with a sine wave kicker
- 49 Downloads
The method of longitudinal injection to an ultra-low emittance storage ring by a sine wave kicker is investigated in this paper. Beam dynamics of the injected and stored beams are both studied. With a third-harmonic kicker, the emittance and the orbit of the stored beam can be well preserved and the injection efficiency can reach 100%.
KeywordsLongitudinal injection Storage ring Sine wave kicker
This work was supported by National Key Research and Development Program of China (2016YFA0402001).
- 1.D. Einfeld, J. Schaper, M. Plesko, Design of a diffraction limited light source, in Proceedings of the IEEE Particle Accelerator Conference, PAC95, (Dallas, 1995), p. 177Google Scholar
- 6.L. Emery, M. Borland, Possible long-term improvements to the advanced photon source, in Proceedings of the 2003 Particle Accelerator Conference, (Portland), p. 256Google Scholar
- 7.S. Jiang, G. Xu, On-axis injection scheme based on a triple-frequency RF system for diffraction-limited storage rings. Phys. Rev. Accel. Beams 21, 110701 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevAccelBeams.21.110701 ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.B.C. Jiang, G.Q. Lin, B.L. Wang et al., Multi-bunch injection for SSRF storage ring. Nucl. Sci. Tech. 26, 050101 (2015). https://doi.org/10.13538/j.1001-8042/nst.26.050101 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.A. Xiao, M. Borland, C. Yao, On-axis injection scheme for ultra-low-emittance light sources, in Proceedings of PAC2013, (Pasadena), p. 1076Google Scholar
- 12.B.C. Jiang, L.Y. Yu, Y.B. Leng et al., On-axis injection using a sin wave RF kicker, in Proceedings of IPAC2016, (Busan), p. 211Google Scholar
- 13.Z. Bai, P. Yang, Z. Yang et al., Design of the second version of the HALS storage ring lattice, in IPAC2018, (Vancouver), p. 4601. https://doi.org/10.18429/jacow-ipac2018-thpmk121
- 16.Accelerator Toolbox version 2.0. https://github.com/atcollab/at
- 17.G. Skripka, A. Andersson, A. Mitrovic et al., Commissioning of the harmonic cavities in the MAX IV 3 GeV ring, in Proceedings of IPAC2016, (Busan), p. 2911Google Scholar