Readout system for ground-based tests of BGO calorimeter of DAMPE satellite
- 25 Downloads
A readout system for ground-based tests of the bismuth germanium oxide (BGO) calorimeter of the Dark Matter Particle Explorer satellite is described in this paper. The system mainly consists of a data acquisition board with a field-programmable gate array to implement the control logic, and a graphical user interface software based on LabWindows/CVI. The system has been successfully applied in a series of ground-based environmental experiments and almost all the performance tests throughout the entire manufacturing processes. These contribute significantly to the development of the BGO calorimeter before being submitted for satellite-level integration.
KeywordsDAMPE BGO calorimeter Readout system
We would like to thank Dr. Yunlong Zhang, Dr. Zhiyong Zhang, and Dr. Yifeng Wei for helpful discussions and useful suggestions. We would also like to thank all the colleagues from DAMPE collaboration who helped make this work possible. This work was supported in part by the CAS Center for Excellence in Particle Physics (CCEPP).
- 4.M. Kamionkowski, Possible relics from new physics in the early universe: inflation, the cosmic microwave background, and particle dark matter. arXiv:astro-ph/9809214
- 8.J. Guo, M. Cai, Y. Hu et al., Readout electronics design of prototype of BGO calorimeter in Chinese space detector for Dark Matter Particle. Sci. Sin. 53, 72–79 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.IDEAS Inc. Norway, VA160 Datasheet. http://ideas.no/
- 12.IDEAS Inc. Norway, VATA160 Datasheet. http://ideas.no/
- 16.J. Dong, Y. Zhang, S. Wen et al., Development of an automatic test system for the PMTs used in the BGO ECAL of DAMPE. PoS(ICRC2015)1195Google Scholar
- 20.Y. Wei, Z. Zhang, Y. Zhang et al., Temperature dependence calibration and correction of the DAMPE BGO electronmagnetic calorimeter. arXiv:1604.08060