‘Qi’, the subject in Jiang Hao’s poems: an exploration on contemporariness
- 12 Downloads
How to reconstruct the subject is a pressing problem of joint concerns for the Eastern and Western culture. The Western culture which has gone through the processes of enlightenment and secularization needs to distance itself from the increasingly digitalized and formalized subject, while China which lacks in the similar experiences still needs to reinforce the subject through the acceptance of the Western culture in general and its reason and rational criticism in particular. ‘Qi’ as the subject in Jiang Hao’s poems manifests that the interaction can be realized in the same poem.
KeywordsJiang Hao’s poems ‘Qi’ as the subject Contemporariness
Sponsored by the program of the Reach and International Influence of Contemporary Chinese Culture (Program No. 16ZDA218).
- Heidegger, Martin. 2004. On the Way to Language (trans. Zhouxing Sun). Shanghai: The Commercial Press.Google Scholar
- Heubel, Fabian. 2012. Qi as the New Subject and the Democratic Political System: A Study on the Cross-Cultural Potentials of Zhuangzi. Newsletter of the Institute of Chinese Literature and Philosophy 4.Google Scholar
- Jiang, Hao. 2001. The Poets and Their Works in 1970s. Yalu River 1.1.Google Scholar
- Jiang, Hao. 2004. Idle Men (Preface). New York: Southern Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Jiang, Hao. 2015. Contemporary Poetry: An Interview. Volume 9 of Feidi (Flying Land), ed. Di Zhang. Shenzhen: Haitian Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Jing, Wendong. 2003. Those Flip Sides, Those Mysteries, Those……”. Dushu 8.Google Scholar
- Milosz, Czeslaw. 2011. Against Incomprehensible Poetry (trans. Yishen Cheng). Journal of Shanghai Literature 5.Google Scholar
- Orwell, George. 2003. Trans. Leshan Dong, 1984. Shanghai: Shanghai Translation Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Sun, Wenbo, ed. 2011. Contemporary Poetry (2). Hunan: Literature and Art Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Welsch, Wolfgang. 2006. Undoing Aesthetics (trans. Yang Lu, & Yanbing Zhang). Shanghai: Shanghai Translation Publishing House.Google Scholar