Help Wanted: Medical Educators in Addiction Psychiatry
Compliance with Ethical Standards
The author states that there is no conflict of interest.
- 1.Fleming, S. White House economists warn of $500bn cost of US opioid crisis. Financial Times. 2017. https://www.ft.com/content/046bd42e-cd9a-11e7-b781-794ce08b24dc. Accessed 10 Jan 18.
- 2.National Institute on Drug Abuse. Trends & statistics. 2017. https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics . Accessed 10 Jan 18.
- 3.National Institute on Drug Abuse. Overdose death rates. 2017. https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates. Accessed 10 Jan 18.
- 5.Koyi MB, Nelliot A, MacKinnon D, Rastegar DA, Fingerhood M, Alvanzo A, et al. Change in medical student attitudes toward patients with substance use disorders after course exposure. Acad Psychiatry. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1007/s40596-017-0702-8.
- 6.Feeley RJ, Moore DT, Wilkins K, Fuehrlein B. A focused addiction curriculum and its impact on student knowledge, attitudes, and confidence in the treatment of patients with substance use. Acad Psychiatry. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1007/s40596-017-0771-8.
- 7.Arnaout B, Muvvala S, Rohrbaugh R, Petrakis I. Description of a comprehensive addiction rotation at a psychiatry residency program. 2018. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s40596-017-0858-2.
- 8.Muzyk A, Andolsek K, Mullan P, Tew C, Sanders C, Derouin A, et al. Building a community of health professionals to establish a shared learning experience in psychiatry and substance use disorders for health professions students. Acad Psychiatry. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1007/s40596-017-0783-4.
- 9.Crisafio A, Anderson V, Frank J. Video modeling of SBIRT for alcohol use disorders increases student empathy in standardized patient encounters. Acad Psychiatry. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1007/s40596-017-0669-5.
- 10.Garakani A, Abdullah HM, Chang CM, Mendelsohn N, Lapidus KAB. Opinions regarding benzodiazepine teaching and prescribing among trainees in psychiatry. Acad Psychiatry. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1007/s40596-017-0750-0.
- 11.Talih F, DaherM, Daou D, Ajaltouni J. Examining burnout, depression, and attitudes regarding drug use among Lebanese medical students during the four years of medical school. Acad Psychiatry. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40596-017-0879-x.
© Academic Psychiatry 2018