Synchronization identification method for unbalance of dual-rotor system
The inner rotor of the dual-rotor system is usually encapsulated by the outer rotor. Therefore, it is very difficult to get the unbalance of rotors by directly adding a trial weight on the inner rotor to obtain the inner rotor’s reference signal. This paper proposes a new method to sense the inner and the outer rotor’s unbalance by adding the trial weight only on the outer rotor. There are four parts: part-I introduces the structure and vibration features of a horizontal decanter centrifuge. Part-II illustrates principles of the new method. Then in part-III we analyze factors affecting the dynamic balancing precision via numerical simulation. In the end, the new method is tested in experiments, which reveals an excellent performance on identifying the unbalance, thus possessing a promising future in the relevant industry.
KeywordsDual-rotor system Synchronization method Dynamic balancing Slight little-speed difference Vibration control
This work was supported by a grant from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Approved no. 50605054).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no competing interests.
- 3.Bart Peeters, Stefan Weis (2004) Relationship between pool depth and internal washing on the beach of a solid bowl decanter centrifuge. Filtr Sep 41:36–40Google Scholar
- 4.Oppenheim AV, Willsky AS, Nawab SH (1997) Signal and systems, 2nd edn. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle RiverGoogle Scholar
- 11.Zhou BT (1993) Method of dynamic balancing for decanter centrifuge. China Patent no. ZL91109315.XGoogle Scholar
- 12.Zhang ZX (2001) Development and research of the intelligent whole-machine balancing instrument for dual-rotor system with little rotating speed difference, Ph.D. Thesis, Zhejiang UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 13.Yang J (2004) Dynamic balancing of a centrifuge: application to a dual-rotor system with very little speed difference. J Vib Control 10(7):1029–1040Google Scholar
- 18.Xin Z, Shang HH (2009) Improved design and analysis for the differential framework of horizontal scroll decanter centrifuge. J Mech Transm 33(1):47–49Google Scholar
- 19.Li XL, Zhang ZX, He SZ (2010) Numerical analysis on steady-state response of dual-rotor system with synchronous rotation. J Vib Shock 29(5):162–165Google Scholar