Study on the roller enveloping end face internal engagement worm gear
- 187 Downloads
A novel worm gear, named roller enveloping end face internal engagement worm gear, with multiple worm-wheel meshing is proposed to provide multiple outputs with high transmission efficiency and good lubrication for furthering industrial advances. As such, an original worm transmission device with roller enveloping internal end-face meshing was proposed based on the innovation in worm structure and gear meshing theory, which can bear 1–4 working load(s) on a single worm. This paper presents mathematical models of meshing characteristics for roller enveloping end face internal engagement worm gear, including both the contact curve and the tooth profile function based on the gearing meshing theory. In doing so, the tooth profile was calculated by MATLAB and the 3D solid model of worm were produced by Creo to measure the meshing properties of roller enveloping end face internal engagement worm gear. The kinematic simulation was also conducted to analyze meshing position and the corresponding meshing teeth. Our study shows that the overall performance of the original worm transmission device with roller enveloping end face internal meshing is good without any interference, and the output curve is basically consistent with the engaging performance. This study is expected to provide a new multiple outputs worm drive for industry, and the results are beneficial for designers to choose the best parameters.
KeywordsRoller enveloping End face internal meshing worm Modeling and analyzing
Supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No.51305356), Spring Sunshine Plan of Ministry of Education of China(Grant No.14202505 and51575456), and Talent Introduction of Xihua University, China (Grant No. Z1220217).
- 3.Menjak R, Menjak D (2006) Gear backlash elimination and justable gear backlash mechanism: USA, 6997076[P]. B2. 2003-2-10. http://www.google.com.ar/patents/US20040154422
- 4.Lumpkin T, Wolf T () Methods and apparatus for minimizing backlash in a planetary mechanism: USA, 7121973[P]. 2004-5-5. http://www.google.com.ar/patents/US7121973
- 6.Zhang G, Wang J, Long R et al (1993) The study on rolling cone enveloping hourglass worm gearing. Chin J Mech Eng 16(4):293–298Google Scholar
- 8.Deng X, Wang J, Junfu J (2010) The real tooth surface theory study of the non-backlash double-roller enveloping hourglass worm. J Southwest Jiaotong Univ 45(2):222–226 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 9.Deng X, Chen S, Wang J (2015) Roller enveloping internal gear and worm transmission device[P],CHINA, 201510002561.X[P].2015,01,05Google Scholar
- 10.Deng X, Chen S, Wang J (2015) One kind of automatic anti-backlash device of the planar roller enveloping internal gear and worm[P], CHINA, 20151000 5401.0 [P].2015,01,05Google Scholar
- 11.Deng X, Wang J, Zhang J (2010) Optimization design of the non-backlash double roller enveloping hourglass worm’s parameters based on genetic algorithm. J Sichuan Univ Eng Sci Ed 42(2):250–254 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 13.Deng X, Xiang Z, Wang J (2011) Research on the tooth profile and contact curve of the non-backlash double-roller enveloping hourglass worm with errors. J Xi’an Univ 45(2):111–120 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 22.Yonghong CHEN, Zhang G, Chen B et al (2013) A novel enveloping worm pair via employing the conjugating planar internal gear as counterpart. Mech Mach Theory 67(2):17–31Google Scholar
- 23.Taguchi G. Konishi S (1987) Taguchi methods, orthogonal arrays and linear graphs, tools for quality American supplier institute. American supplier institute, pp 8–35Google Scholar