Finite-Time Stability and H ∞ Control of Linear Discrete-Time Delay Systems with Norm-Bounded Disturbances
- 203 Downloads
This paper deals with the finite-time stability and H ∞ control of linear discrete-time delay systems. The system under consideration is subject to interval time-varying delay and norm-bounded disturbances. Linear matrix inequality approach is used to solve the finite-time stability problem. First, new sufficient conditions are established for robust finite-time stability of the linear discrete-time delay system with norm-bounded disturbances, then the state feedback controller is designed to robustly finite-time stabilize the system and guarantee an adequate level of system performance. The delay-dependent sufficient conditions are formulated in terms of linear matrix inequalities (LMIs). Numerical examples are given to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed results.
KeywordsFinite-time stability H∞ control Time-varying delay Disturbances Linear matrix inequalities
Mathematics Subject Classification (2010)34D10 34K20 49M7
This work was completed when the second author was visiting the Vietnam Institute for Advance Study in Mathematics (VIASM). He would like to gratefully acknowledge VIASM for the support and hospitality. This work was supported by the National Foundation for Science and Technology Development of Vietnam (NAFOSTED- grant 101.01-2014.35). The authors also thank anonymous referees for their valuable comments and suggestions, which allowed us them to improve the paper.
- 2.Boyd, S., Ghaoui, L.El., Feron, E., Balakrishnan, V.: Linear matrix inequalities in system and control theory. Philadelphia: SIAM (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Dorato, P.: Short-time stability in linear time-varying systems. In: IRE International Convention Record, Part IV, pp. 83–87 (1961)Google Scholar
- 4.Gahinet, P., Nemirovskii, A., Laub, A.J., Chilali, M.: LMI Control Toolbox For Use with MATLAB, Massachusetts, The MathWorks, Inc (1995)Google Scholar
- 9.Stojanovic, S.B., Debeljkovic, D.L., Antic, D.S.: The application of different Lyapunov-like functionals and some aggregate norm approximations of the delayed states for finite-time stability analysis of linear discrete time-delay systems. J. Franklin Inst. 351, 3914–3931 (2014)MathSciNetCrossRefzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- 12.Wang, K., Shen, Y., Liu, W., Jiang, Q.: Finite-time H ∞ control for a class of discrete-time linear system. In: Proc. of Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC), Chinese, 546–549 (2010)Google Scholar