Molecular Med TRI-CON, 11–16 February 2018, San Francisco, USA
- 28 Downloads
This, the 25th annual international Molecular Tri-Conference brought together over 3700 experts from academia, the pharmaceutical industry and biotechnology companies. The goal of the meeting is to introduce the latest scientific advances and innovation in drug discovery, technological and diagnostics developments, and to consider their current clinical utility and determine future directions.
The conference is a mix of in-depth short courses, a 3-day conference programme with 16 parallel tracks that is then followed by a half-day symposium with seven tracks. The parallel tracks were Molecular Diagnostic; Cancer Molecular Markers; Circulating Tumour Cells and Liquid Biopsy; Digital Pathology; PCR & NGS-Based Molecular Diagnostics; Clinical NGS Diagnostics; Sample Prep, Assay Development & Validation; Molecular Diagnostics for Infectious Disease; Cancer Immunotherapy; Immuno-Oncology Biomarkers & Companion Dx; Precision Medicine; Preclinical & Translational Immuno-Oncology;...
The author would like to thank Molecular Med TRI-CON for the opportunity to attend this conference.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The author (AF) has no potential conflicts of interest that might be relevant to the contents of this manuscript.
- 1.Parpart-Li S, Bartlett B, Popoli M, Adleff V, Tucker L, Steinberg R, Georgiadis A, Phallen J, Brahmer J, Azad N, Browner I, Laheru D, Velculescu VE, Sausen M, Diaz LA Jr. The effect of preservative and temperature on the analysis of circulating tumor DNA. Clin Cancer Res. 2017;23(10):2471–7.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 2.Tiran V, Lindenmann J, Brcic L, Heitzer E, Stanzer S, Tabrizi-Wizsy NG, Stacher E, Stoeger H, Popper HH, Balic M, Dandachi N. Primary patient-derived lung adenocarcinoma cell culture challenges the association of cancer stem cells with epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition. Sci Rep. 2017;7(1):10040. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-017-09929-0.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 4.Antonarakis ES, Lu C, Luber B, Wang H, Chen Y, Zhu Y, Silberstein JL, Taylor MN, Maughan BL, Denmeade SR, Pienta KJ, Paller CJ, Carducci MA, Eisenberger MA, Luo J. Clinical significance of androgen receptor splice variant-7 mrna detection in circulating tumor cells of men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer treated with first- and second-line abiraterone and enzalutamide. J Clin Oncol. 2017;35(19):2149–56.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 6.Chan KCA, Woo JKS, King A, Zee BCY, Lam WKJ, Chan SL, Chu SWI, Mak C, Tse IOL, Leung SYM, Chan G, Hui EP, Ma BBY, Chiu RWK, Leung SF, van Hasselt AC, Chan ATC, Lo YMD. Analysis of plasma Epstein–Barr virus DNA to screen for nasopharyngeal cancer. N Engl J Med. 2017;377(6):513–22.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 8.Nilsson RJ, Karachaliou N, Berenguer J, Gimenez-Capitan A, Schellen P, Teixido C, Tannous J, Kuiper JL, Drees E, Grabowska M, van Keulen M, Heideman DA, Thunnissen E, Dingemans AM, Viteri S, Tannous BA, Drozdowskyj A, Rosell R, Smit EF, Wurdinger T. Rearranged EML4-ALK fusion transcripts sequester in circulating blood platelets and enable blood-based crizotinib response monitoring in non-small-cell lung cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7(1):1066–75.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar