Thermodynamic description of the MCl2-ThCl4 (M: Mg, Ca, Sr, Ba) systems
- 53 Downloads
The phase equilibria for the MCl2-ThCl4(M: Mg, Ca, Sr, Ba) binary systems were critically evaluated and optimized based upon the CALPHAD approach. The substitutional solution model(SSM) was used to describe the liquid phase. All the intermediate compounds were treated as stoichiometric compounds of which Gibbs energies comply with the Neumann-Kopp rule. Thermodynamic model parameters optimization for respective phases was conducted by the least squares minimization procedure with required input data available from experimental measurements. Satisfactory agreements between all calculated results and experimental data were achieved which demonstrates that thermodynamic databases for the MCl2-ThCl4(M: Mg, Ca, Sr, Ba) binary systems were ultimately derived in the present work allowing safe extrapolation into multi-component system for guiding relative industrial applications.
KeywordsThermodynamics Molten salt Phase diagram
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barton C. J., Bratcher L. M., Blakely J. P., Nessle G. J., Grimes W. R., Phase Diagrams of Nuclear Reactor Materials. U.S.A.E.C, Report No. ONRL-2548, Contract No.W-7405, 1959 Google Scholar
- Asker W. J., Segnit E. R., Wylie A. W., J. Chem. Soc., 1952, 4470Google Scholar
- Saunders N., Miodownik A. P., Calculation of Phase Diagrams: A Comprehensive Guide, UK, 1998 Google Scholar
- Yin H. Q., Wang K., Liu W. G., Xie L. D., Han H., Wang W. F., Chem. J. Chinese Universities, 2014, 35(12), 2668Google Scholar
- Wang K., Zuo Y., Zhang P., Xie L. D., Compositional Design of the Fuel Salt Used in TMSR-LF1 Project, Technological Report from TMSR Center, Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics, 2015 Google Scholar
- Grobunov L. V., Desyatni V. N., Raspopin S. P., Trifonov K. I., Zh. Neorg. Khim, 1974, 19(11), 3093Google Scholar
- Stull D. R., Prophet H., JANAF Thermochemical Tables, U.S. De-partment of Commerce, Washington, 1985 Google Scholar
- Margules M., Sitzungsber Akad. Wiss. Wien., 1895, 104, 1243Google Scholar