Theoretical and experimental study of the reaction of 2-guanidinobenzimidazole on a series of meta-substituted benzaldehydes
- 49 Downloads
The syntheses of a variety of 1,3,5-triazinebenzimidazoles obtained by the cyclocondensation reaction of 2-guanidinobenzimidazole with a series of meta-substituted benzaldehydes were reported. The prepared compounds were fully characterized by IR and NMR spectroscopies. Based on the density functional theory(DFT) calculations method, quantum chemical calculations were performed by Gaussian 09 set of programs. All possible transition states, reactants and products were fully optimized at the hybrid density functional B3LYP level using the 6-311+G(d,p). The geometries of five possible tautomers of 2-amino-4-aryl[1,3,5]triazino[1,2-a]benzimidazoles were optimized in ethanol, using conductor like polarizable continuum(CPCM) in the gas phase. The energetic diagrams of tautomeric equilibrium showed that form A is the most stable tautomer which proved to be in accordance with the X-ray diffraction structure analysis. In order to interpret the reaction mechanism, the chemical reactivity was studied using local and global reactivity indexes.
Keywords2-Amino-4-aryl[1,3,5]triazino[1,2-a]benzimidazole 2-Guanidinobenzimidazole Density functional theory Tautomeric equilibrium Reaction mechanism X-Ray diffraction analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- El-Feky H. A. S., Imran M., Osman A. N., BAOJ. Pharm. Sci., 2015, 1, 6Google Scholar
- Sreenivasulu E., Anees Pangal A., Muiz G., Javed A. S., Khursheed A., Res. J. Chem. Sci., 2014, 4, 78Google Scholar
- Govinda R. K., Dipankar C., Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Drug. Res., 2014, 6, 67Google Scholar
- Harms K., XCAD4, Program for the Reduction of CAD4 Eiffraction Data, University of Marburg, Marburg, 1995Google Scholar
- Brandenburg K., DIAMOND Demonstrated Version, Crystal Impact GbR, Bonn, 2005Google Scholar