Design of Dual-Band Antenna for 2.45 and 5.8 GHz ISM Band
- 63 Downloads
A dual-band microstrip rectangular patch antenna for WLAN in vehicular communication applications is proposed. The aim of this research is to achieve smaller size, better bandwidth and good radiation capability. The designed antenna has a frequency bandwidth of 184 MHZ with the upper cut-off frequency of 2.4953 GHz and the lower cut-off frequency of 2.3113 GHz which are the operating frequencies for IEEE 802.11b/g/n WLAN applications and IEEE 802.15.4 ZigBee application. The second resonance is at 5.8 GHz frequency with a bandwidth of (5.850–5.925 GHz) the 802.11p standard intended for use in vehicular communication systems and for the mobile operation. The rectangular patch with Inset Line Feed technique is used to design the antennas. First, the design parameters for single element of rectangular patch antenna for 5.8 GHz are calculated from the design equations, and then, the design is extended to operate in dual band using the slots at the ground plane and two cylinders at the corners of the slot to obtain good radiation characteristics. The simulation of the proposed antenna has been carried out in computer simulation technology software, and the results are evaluated.
KeywordsDual band Microstrip antennas Inset Line Feed Patch antennas
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interest
All the authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Wong KL (2009) Compact and broadband microstrip antennas. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 7.Maciand S, BifjiGentili G (1997) Dual-frequency patch antennas. IEEE Antennas Propag Mag 39:6Google Scholar
- 10.Liu D (1998) A dual-band antenna for cellular applications. In: IEEE antennas and propagation society international symposium and URSI radio science meeting proceedings, vol 2, pp 786–789Google Scholar
- 12.Kim SM, Son JM, Kim HJ, Yang WG (2005) Design and implementation of dual-band square patch antenna for wireless LAN of 2.4 and 5.7 GHz. In: Asia-Pacific conference proceedings, vol 5, pp 1–4Google Scholar
- 14.Nag VR, Singh G (2012) Design and analysis of dual band microstrip patch antenna with microstrip feed line and slot for multiband application in wireless communication. IRACST Int J Comput Sci Inf Technol Secur (IJCSITS) 2(6):1266–1270Google Scholar
- 15.Balanis CA (1997) Antenna theory analysis and design. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar