Synthesis of 1-(benzothiazolylamino)phenylmethyl-2-naphthols accelerated by a novel magnetic nanocatalyst
- 69 Downloads
4-(4-Propylpiperazine-1-yl)butane-1-sulfonic acid-modified silica-coated magnetic nanoparticles have been synthesized via covalent grafting of piperazine on (3-chloropropyl) triethoxysilane-functionalized magnetic nanoparticles through ring opening reaction of 1,4-butane sultone. The prepared reagent was characterized using different types of methods, including infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR), X-ray diffraction, thermogravimetric analysis, and scanning electron microscopy. After characterization, the catalytic activity of this reagent in the preparation of 1-(benzothiazolylamino) phenylmethyl-2-naphthols via one-pot condensation of aldehydes, 2-aminobenzothiazole, and 2-naphthol was studied in the absence of solvent. All reactions were performed under mild conditions in excellent yields during short reaction times. Using this method, the catalyst can be easily isolated from the reaction mixture by magnetic decantation using an external magnet and reused at least seven times without significant degradation in its activity.
KeywordsMagnetite nanoparticles Solvent-free conditions 2-Amino benzothiazolyl Reusable catalyst Aldehyde
The authors are thankful to the Guilan and Zanjan Universities Research Councils for the partial support of this work.
- 8.P. Selvam, in Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 6, 2nd edn., ed. by H.S. Nalwa (American Scientific Publishers, Los Angeles, 2004), p. 215Google Scholar
- 11.A. Kong, P. Wang, H. Zhang, F. Yang, S.P. Huang, Y. Shan, Appl. Catal. A Gen. 183, 417 (2012)Google Scholar
- 18.G. Alang, R. Kaur, G. Kaur, A. Singh, P. Singla, Acta Pharm. Sci. 52, 213 (2010)Google Scholar
- 23.Y. Yi, G. Hongyunv, Chin. J. Org. Chem. 31, 96 (2011)Google Scholar
- 26.L. Yang, Eur. J. Chem. 9, 2424 (2012)Google Scholar
- 30.O. Goli-Jolodar, F. Shirini, M. Seddighi, J. Iran. Chem. Soc. 13, 475 (2016)Google Scholar
- 38.H.N. Dadhania, D.K. Ravala, A.N. Dadhania, RSC Adv. 5, 4806 (2015)Google Scholar
- 40.H.R. Shaterian, A. Hosseinian, Sci. Iran. C 21, 727 (2014)Google Scholar
- 43.F. Kamali, F. Shirini, Appl. Organomet. Chem. 42, 3972 (2017)Google Scholar