One-pot insertion of chalcones into the benzoylacetone backbone
- 119 Downloads
Interaction of 1-phenylbutane-1,3-dione and chalcones in the presence of a base gives, in one step, good to high yields cyclic and unusual acyclic insertion products in ratios which depend on substrate, catalyst, and reaction conditions. All the synthesized compounds are characterized using IR, 1H and 13C NMR spectroscopies, ESI–MS, and single-crystal X-ray diffraction (for one compound) analysis.
KeywordsMichael addition Chalcone Benzoylacetone Active methylene compounds
This work has been partially supported by the Baku State University, Azerbaijan.
- 2.S.C. Jha, N.N. Joshi, Arkivoc vii, 167–196 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.C. Bhanja, S. Jena, S. Nayak, S. Mohapatra, S. Beilstein, J. Org. Chem. 8, 1668–1694 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.S. Singh, P.K. Sharma, N. Kumar, R. Dudhe, Asian. J. Pharm. Biol. Res. 1, 412–418 (2011)Google Scholar
- 20.SHELXTL Reference Manual, Version 5.1, Bruker AXS, Analytic X-ray Systems, Inc., Madison, WI, (1997)Google Scholar
- 21.SMART & SAINT Software Reference Manuals, Version 6.22, Bruker AXS Analytic X-ray Systems, Inc., Madison, WI, (2000)Google Scholar
- 22.G.M. Sheldrick, SADABS Software for Empirical Absorption Correction (University of Göttingen, Göttingen, 2000)Google Scholar