Construction of genetic linkage maps of ‘Fina Sodea’ clementine (Citrus clementina) and Byungkyul (C. platymamma), a Korean landrace, based on RAPD and SSR markers
- 66 Downloads
In this study, genetic linkage maps were constructed for ‘Fina Sodea’ clementine (Citrus clementina) and Byungkyul (C. platymamma) using 152 F1 clones as a mapping population. Reference-guided whole-genome sequencing, using next-generation sequencing technology, along with 82 randomly amplified polymorphic DNA markers and seven genomic simple-sequence repeat (gSSR) loci, mined 41 polymorphic gSSR loci from the direct comparative analysis. The generated linkage map for ‘Fina Sodea’ clementine contained 22 markers distributed into 10 linkage groups, with a total length of 417.7 cM and an average interval of 19.0 cM. The map for Byungkyul contained 57 markers distributed into 10 linkage groups, with a total length of 684.9 cM and a smaller average interval of 12.0 cM. Comparison of shared gSSR markers between the two maps identified collinearities, such as linkage groups B3 and C7 and groups B9 and C7. The newly developed gSSR markers greatly enrich the limited amount of gSSR markers in Citrus, providing markers that can be useful for comparative mapping and other genetic studies.
KeywordsCitrus Genome mapping Genome sequence comparison Molecular markers
This study was supported by Korea Institute of Planning and Evaluation for Technology in Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (IPET) through Golden Seed Project (No. 213007-05-1-SBQ10), funded by Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (MAFRA).
- Gan LS (1992) Cultivation techniques of China famous pumelo. Golden Shield Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- Han GH (2012) Construction of molecular linkage map and genetic analysis of hybrids and polyploidy of citrus based on EST-SSR, genomic-SSR and SCoT markers. Dissertation, Southwest UniversityGoogle Scholar
- Hu CG, Zhang JZ, Yao JL (2013) Genomic comparative analysis combined with linkage map to illustrate the molecular mechanism of precocious flowering in citrus plan. Plant Anim Genome XXI P1026:14Google Scholar
- Luro FL, Costantino G, Terol J, Argout X, Allario T, Wincker P, Talon M, Ollitrault P, Morillon R (2008) Transferability of the EST-SSRs developed on Nules clementine (Citrus clementina Hort ex Tan) to other Citrus species and their effectiveness for genetic mapping. BMC Genom 9:287CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Ohta S, Endo T, Shimada T, Fujii H, Shimizu T, Kita M, Kuniga T, Yoshioka T, Nesumi H et al (2015) Construction of genetic linkage map and graphical genotyping of pseudo-backcrossed F2(BC’2) progeny to introduce a CTV resistance from Poncirus trifoliata (L.) Raf. into Citrus by introgression breeding. Tree Genet Genom 11:797CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Van Ooijen JW (2006) JoinMap®4, software for the calculation of genetic linkage maps in experimental population. Kyazma BV, WageningenGoogle Scholar
- Weeden NF, Timmerman GM, Hemmat M et al (1992) Inheritance and reliability of RAPD markers. In: Application of RAPD technology to plant breeding: joint plant breeding symposia series Minneapolis, MinnesotaGoogle Scholar