Modulation of paraoxonase activity (PON)-1 by xanthone in sub chronic exposure of orgnophosphate: Antioxidant in dichorvos intoxicity
- 30 Downloads
This research aims to find out the levels of xanthone in mangosteen pericarp extract (MPE) and to prove the ability of xanthone in modulating the activity of paraoxonase-1 (PON-1), reduce oxidized-low density lipoprotein (ox-LDL) and increase the levels of acetylcholinesterase (AChE) serum in animal model with organophosphat subchronic and subcutaneous exposure. This research is a true experimental laboratory with in vivo approach to post-test with control group, using 25 animal models of Wistar strain of Rattus novergicus, were exposed to dichlorvos as organophosphates (2 mg/kgBW/day) for 21 days. Those animal models are divided into no exposure group, organophosphate exposure group, and organophosphate exposure plus administration of xanthone groups. The parameters (levels of PON-1, ox-LDL and AChE measured by ELISA Test. The results showed that administration of xanthone significantly increased the levels of AChE, decreased levels of ox-LDL and PON-1.
KeywordsPON-1 ox-LDL AChE Mangosteen pericarp extract Xanthone Organophosphat
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Sarbini, D., Sargowo, D. & Rohman, M. S. The Effect of Red Rosella Tea (Hibiscus sabdariffa Linn) on the Inhibition of NF-?B Activation, TNF-a and ICAM-1- Protein Expressions Following Treatment with Ox-LDL in HUVECs. J. Kardiol. Ind. 28, 133–141 2007.Google Scholar
- 8.Klein, G. M., Nelson, L. S. & Farmer, B. M. Mechanisms of Action of Organophosphorus Pesticides and Nerve Agents. Postgrad. Inst. Med. 4-7 (2009).Google Scholar
- 13.Toxicity and Exposure Assessment for Children’s Health U.S. EPA. Dichlorvos. J. Cross. Cult. Gerontol. 1, 113–115 2007.Google Scholar
- 15.Costa, Lucio G. & Furlong, C. E. Paraoxonase (PON1) In Health and Disease: Basic and Clinical Aspects. Springer Sci. 15, 165–186 2007.Google Scholar
- 22.Shenouda, J., Green, P. & Sultatos, L. An Evaluation of the Inhibition of Human Butyrylcholinesterase and Acetylcholinesterase by the Organophosphate Chlorpyrifos Oxon. Changes 29, 997–1003 2012.Google Scholar