Dynamic analysis of a 5-MW tripod offshore wind turbine by considering fluid–structure interaction
- 81 Downloads
Fixed offshore wind turbines usually have large underwater supporting structures. The fluid influences the dynamic characteristics of the structure system. The dynamic model of a 5-MW tripod offshore wind turbine considering the pile–soil system and fluid structure interaction (FSI) is established, and the structural modes in air and in water are obtained by use of ANSYS. By comparing low-order natural frequencies and mode shapes, the influence of sea water on the free vibration characteristics of offshore wind turbine is analyzed. On basis of the above work, seismic responses under excitation by El-Centro waves are calculated by the time-history analysis method. The results reveal that the dynamic responses such as the lateral displacement of the foundation and the section bending moment of the tubular piles increase substantially under the influence of the added-mass and hydrodynamic pressure of sea water. The method and conclusions presented in this paper can provide a theoretical reference for structure design and analysis of offshore wind turbines fixed in deep seawater.
Keywords5-MW tripod offshore wind turbine fluid–structure interaction natural frequency seismic analysis hydrodynamic pressure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chen, F.B., 2010. Dynamic Response Analysis for Offshore Wind Turbine Structures, MSc. Thesis, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Deng, L., Xiao, Z.Y., Huang, M.X., Song, X.P. and Wu, H.T., 2015. Numerical simulation of dynamic response for offshore wind turbines including fluid-structure interaction, Journal of Hunan University (Natural Sciences), 42(7), 1–8. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Song, B., Li, J.R., Wang, H.L. and Lin, Y.C., 2015. Earthquake response analysis of in-service offshore wind towers considering effects of tide level and hydrodynamic pressure, Journal of Architecture and Civil Engineering, 32(2), 35–41. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Sun, G.S., 2013. Theoretical and Experimental Study on Substructure System of Bridge in Deep Water, Ph.D. Thesis, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Tao, M., Yang, Y.W. and Liu, Z.X., 1997. Research on natural frequencies and dynamical response of submerged moving structure, Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University, 31(7), 137–143. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Tian, S.G., Zhang, A.J., Ren, W.Y. and Wang, T., 2015. Analysis of seismic response of offshore structure of wind turbine and foundation considering fluid-structure coupling, Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering, 34(1), 155–165. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Wang, G.C. and Yang, M., 2012. Calculation of laterally loaded piles in clay, Journal of Tongji University (Natural Science), 40(3), 373–378. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Xue, J., He, S.L., Du, D.H. and Li, F., 2015. Study on fluid-structure coupling modal simulation of liquid filling container, Journal of Rocket Propulsion, 41(1), 90–97. (in Chinese)Google Scholar