Precoding based channel prediction for underwater acoustic OFDM
- 47 Downloads
The life duration of underwater cooperative network has been the hot topic in recent years. And the problem of node energy consuming is the key technology to maintain the energy balance among all nodes. To ensure energy efficiency of some special nodes and obtain a longer lifetime of the underwater cooperative network, this paper focuses on adopting precoding strategy to preprocess the signal at the transmitter and simplify the receiver structure. Meanwhile, it takes into account the presence of Doppler shifts and long feedback transmission delay in an underwater acoustic communication system. Precoding technique is applied based on channel prediction to realize energy saving and improve system performance. Different precoding methods are compared. Simulated results and experimental results show that the proposed scheme has a better performance, and it can provide a simple receiver and realize energy saving for some special nodes in a cooperative communication.
Key wordsunderwater acoustic communication precoding channel prediction CFO OFDM
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bandemer, B., Haardt, M. and Visuri, S., 2006. Linear MMSE multiuser MIMO downlink precoding for users with multiple antennas, Proceedings of 2006 IEEE 17th International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, 1–5.Google Scholar
- Lee, M. and Oh, S.K., 2007. A per-user successive MMSE precoding technique in multiuser MIMO systems, Proceedings of the 65th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, NY, USA, 2374–2378.Google Scholar
- Li, B.S., Zhou, S.L., Stojanovic, M., Freitag, L. and Willett, P., 2008. Multicarrier communication over underwater acoustic channels with nonuniform Doppler shifts, IEEE J. Oceanic Eng., 33(32), 198–209.Google Scholar
- Sadek, A.K., Yu, W. and Liu, K.J.R., 2009. On the energy efficiency of cooperative communications in wireless sensor networks, ACM T. Sensor Network., 6(1), Paper No. 5.Google Scholar
- Shen, W.J., Sun, H.X., Zhang, Y.H. and Cheng, E., 2009. A comparison of modulation in underwater acoustic DFT-SOFDM system, Proceedings of the International Conference on Power Electronics and Intelligent Transportation System, Shenzhen, China, 184–187.Google Scholar