Research on analytical method of fatigue characteristics of Soft Yoke Mooring System based on full-scale measurement
- 40 Downloads
By focusing on the vulnerability of the structure of marine equipments, together with considering the randomness of meta-ocean load in statistics, a kind of analytical method of fatigue characteristics of marine structure based on full-scale and actual measurement of prototype is proposed. On the basis of short-term field measurement results of structural response, research is carried out on the fatigue analysis of hinge joints at the upper part of the Soft Yoke single point Mooring System (SYMS) by simultaneously monitoring the environmental load and considering the design criteria of offshore structure. Through analysis of finite element modeling, the time-histories of typical stress response are obtained, and then the assessment of fatigue damage at key hinge joints is conducted. The simulation results indicate that the proposed method can accurately analyze the fatigue damage of offshore engineering structure caused by the effect of wave load. The present analytical method of fatigue characteristics can be extended on other offshore engineering structures subjected to meta-ocean load.
Key wordsfatigue characteristics full scale measurement finite element method SYMS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fan, Z.L., Yue, Q.J., Wu, W.H., Sun, Q. and Sun, Y., 2014. Prototype measurement methods for horizontal mooring force of soft yoke mooring system, Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University, 48(4), 475–487. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Günther, F.C., Florian, S. and Daniel, T., 2009. Motion behavior of a new offshore LNG transfer system at harsh operational conditions, Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering (OMAE2009), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.Google Scholar
- Liu, Y.G., Wen, B.G. and Zhang, C.B., 1994. Dynamic analysis model for fixed type mooring system, China Offshore Oil and Gas (Engineering), 6(4), 7–11. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Mamoun, N., Walter, M. and Jean-Pierre, Q., 2005. Passive disconnection of an SPM-moored LNG carrier in waves, Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering (OMAE2005), Halkidiki, Greece.Google Scholar
- Subrata, K.C., 2005. Handbook of Offshore Engineering (I-II), Elsevier Science Ltd.Google Scholar
- SIMULIA, 2013. Abaqus Analysis User’s Manual (6.13).Google Scholar
- Xiao, L.F., Yang, L.J. and Yang, J.M., 2008. Numerical prediction on horizontal restoring characteristics of soft yoke mooring system, Ocean Eng., 26(1), 24–30.Google Scholar