Analysis of the first complete genome sequence of an Australian tomato spotted wilt virus isolate
- 334 Downloads
We report the first fully sequenced genome of an Australian tomato spotted wilt virus isolate (TSWV-QLD1). The tripartite genome consists of an 8914 nt L segment, a 4869 nt M segment, and a 3003 nt S segment. Phylogenetic analysis of the N protein sequence places this Australian isolate in a different clade than partially sequenced TSWV isolates from other regions of Australia.
KeywordsTSWV Tospovirus Bunyaviridae small RNA sequencing Sanger sequencing
Compliance with ethical standards
This study was funded by the Australian Research Council (Discovery project grant number DP140103363).
Conflict of interest
The authors declare no conflict of interest.
- Debreczeni DE, Lopez C, Aramburu J, Daros JA, Soler S, Galipienso L, Falk BW, Rubio L (2015) Complete sequence of three different biotypes of tomato spotted wilt virus (wild type, tomato Sw-5 resistance-breaking and pepper Tsw resistance-breaking) from Spain. Arch Virol 160(8):2117–2123CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Dereeper A, Guignon V, Blanc G, Audic S, Buffet S, Chevenet F, Dufayard JF, Guindon S, Lefort V, Lescot M et al (2008) Phylogeny.Fr: robust phylogenetic analysis for the non-specialist. Nucleic Acids Res 36(Web Server issue):W465–469Google Scholar
- Margaria P, Rosa C (2015) First complete genome sequence of a tomato spotted wilt virus isolate from the United States and its relationship to other TSWV isolates of different geographic origin. Arch Virol 160(11):2915–2920Google Scholar
- Pappu H, Pappu S, Jain R, Bertrand P, Culbreath A, McPherson R, Csinos A (1998) Sequence characteristics of natural populations of tomato spotted wilt tospovirus infecting flue-cured tobacco in Georgia. Virus Genes 17(2):169–177Google Scholar
- Takeda A, Sugiyama K, Nagano H, Mori M, Kaido M, Mise K, Tsuda S, Okuno T (2002) Identification of a novel RNA silencing suppressor, NSs protein of Tomato spotted wilt virus. FEBS Lett 532(1–2):75–79Google Scholar
- Ullman DE, German TL, Sherwood JL, Westcot DM, Cantone FA (1993) Tospovirus replication in insect vector cells - Immunocytochemical evidence that the nonstructural protein encoded by the S-Rna of tomato spotted wilt tospovirus is present in thrips vector cells. Phytopathology 83(4):456–463CrossRefGoogle Scholar