Integrated Restoration of Small Watershed in Karst Regions of Southwest China
- 317 Downloads
KeywordsKarst Region Rocky Desertification Karst Rocky Desertification Ecosystem Recovery Chinese Central Government
This research was supported by the Project (2011BAC09B08-04) of the Ministry of Science and Technology of the People’s Republic of China, and the State Scholarship Fund of China (2011601220). The paper was completed also with support from the Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN), Columbia University, USA. The authors would like to thank Robert Chen and Mark Becker of CIESIN, and Bo Söderström of Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, for their constructive suggestions and comments, which are very useful for improving this paper. The authors also thank Elisabeth Sydor of CIESIN for her editing assistance.
- Fleury, S. 2009. Land use policy and practice on karst terrains: Living on limestone. Dordrecht: Springer.Google Scholar
- Ford, D.C., and P.W. Williams. 2007. Karst hydrogeology and geomorphology. Chichester: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Guizhou Bureau of Statistic. 2010. Sixty years of Guizhou province. Beijing, China: China Statistical Publishing House (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Guizhou Bureau of Statistic. 2011. 2010 Guizhou Province Sixth National population census data Gazette. http://www.gog.com.cn/zonghe/system/2011/05/10/011083926.shtml (in Chinese).
- National Bureau of Statistics. 2011. 2010 Sixth National population census data Gazette. http://www.stats.gov.cn/zgrkpc/dlc/yw/t20110428_402722384.htm (in Chinese).
- Urich, P.B. 2002. Land use in karst terrain: Review of impacts of primary activities on temperate karst ecosystems. Wellington, New Zealand: Department of Conservation.Google Scholar
- Wang, S.J., H.B. Ji, Z.Y. Ouyang, D.Q. Zhou, L.P. Zhen, and T.Y. Li. 1999. Preliminary study on weathering pedogenesis of carbonate rock. Science in China (Series D) 42: 573–581.Google Scholar
- Xiong, K.N. 2002. Remote-sensing and GIS-based typical study of rock desertification in karst areas. Beijing: Chinese Geological Press (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Xiong, K.N., B. Ying, and Y. Luo. 2009. Evolutional trend and integrated rehabilitation of karst rocky desertification with a special reference to Guizhou Province. World Forestry Research 22: 18–23 (in Chinese, English summary).Google Scholar
- Yuan, D. 1997. Rock desertification in the subtropical karst of south China. Zeitschrift fur Geomorpholgie Supplementband 108: 81–90.Google Scholar