Challenges to Adaptation in Northernmost Europe as a Result of Global Climate Change
- 230 Downloads
KeywordsAdaptive Capacity Provision Ecosystem Service Barents Region Reindeer Husbandry Environmental Management Strategy
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
This project was funded by the Nordic Council of Ministers.
- Barents Information Service. 2008. http://www.barentsinfo.org/.
- de Wrachien, D., R. Ragab, and A. Giordano. 2006. Climate change, land degradation, and desertification in the Mediterranean environment. In: Desertification in the Mediterranean region: A security issue. Nato Series for Peace and Security Series C: Environmental Security 3, 353–371. The Netherlands: Dordrecht.Google Scholar
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. 2007. Climate Change 2007: Synthesis Report. Report of the IPCC, Geneva.Google Scholar
- Keskitalo, E.C.H. 2008. Climate change and globalization in the Arctic. London: Earthscan.Google Scholar
- Keskitalo, E.C.H., and A.A. Kulyasova. 2009. Local adaptation to climate change in fishing villages and forest settlements in north-western Russia. In: The changing governance of renewable natural resources in Northwest Russia, ed. S. Nystén-Haarala, 227–243. Aldershot: Ashgate.Google Scholar
- Meschtyb, N.A., B.C. Forbes, and P. Kankaanpää. 2005. Social impact assessment along Russia’s Northern Sea Route: Petroleum transport and the Arctic Operational Platform (ARCOP). Arctic 58: 322–327.Google Scholar
- Nuttall, M., F. Berkes, B. Forbes, G. Kofinas, T. Vlassova, and G. Wenzel. 2005. Hunting, herding, fishing, and gathering: Indigenous peoples and renewable resource use in the Arctic. In: Arctic climate impact assessment, eds. C. Symon, L. Arris, and B. Heal, 649–690. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Parry, M.L. (ed.). 2000. Assessment of the potential effects and adaptations for climate change in Europe. Norwich: University of East Anglia.Google Scholar
- Ragner, C.L. 2008. The Northern Sea Route. In The Barents: A Nordic Borderland, ed. T. Hallberg, 114–127. Stockholm: Arena Norden.Google Scholar
- Symon, C., L. Arris, and B. Heal (eds.). 2005. Arctic climate impact assessment (ACIA). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Tàbara, J.D., and C. Pahl-Wostl. 2007. Sustainability learning in natural resource use and management. Ecology and Society 12: 3. http://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol12/iss2/art3/.
© Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences 2010