Down-regulation of miR-489 contributes into NSCLC cell invasion through targeting SUZ12
- 339 Downloads
microRNAs are small, non-coding RNAs that contribute into various biological processes during cancer progression. However, the potential role of miR-489 in the development of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) is not demonstrated. In present study, miR-489 was down-regulated both in tumor tissues and cells. Inhibition of miR-489 promoted cells invasion by using an invasion assay. Furthermore, miR-489 could regulate SUZ12 as shown by luciferase reporter and Western blot assays. Aberrant miR-489 expression could regulate the molecular changes (E-cadherin, N-cadherin, and Vimentin) of epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT). In conclusion, our study revealed that miR-489 may play an essential role in the progression of NSCLC.
KeywordsmiR-489 SUZ12 Invasion EMT NSCLC
We thank our mentor in our lab for critical reading of the manuscript.
Conflicts of interest
- 1.Jemal A, Bray F, Center MM, Ferlay J, Ward E, Forman D. Global cancer statistics. CA: Cancer J Clin. 2011;61:69–90.Google Scholar
- 8.8 Yang Y, Meng H, Peng Q, Yang X, Gan R, Zhao L, Chen Z, Lu J, Meng QH: Downregulation of microrna-21 expression restrains non-small cell lung cancer cell proliferation and migration through upregulation of programmed cell death 4. Cancer gene therapy 2014.Google Scholar
- 17.Wang Y, Wen M, Kwon Y, Xu Y, Liu Y, Zhang P, He X, Wang Q, Huang Y, Jen KY, Labarge MA, You L, Kogan SC, Gray JW, Mao JH, Wei G: Cul4a induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition and promotes cancer metastasis by regulating zeb1 expression. Cancer Res 2013.Google Scholar
- 21.Siegel R, Naishadham D, Jemal A. Cancer statistics, 2013. CA: Cancer J Clin. 2013;63:11–30.Google Scholar
- 24.Paterson EL, Kazenwadel J, Bert AG, Khew-Goodall Y, Ruszkiewicz A, Goodall GJ. Down-regulation of the mirna-200 family at the invasive front of colorectal cancers with degraded basement membrane indicates emt is involved in cancer progression. Neoplasia. 2013;15:180–91.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 25.Ouyang H, Gore J, Deitz S, Korc M: Microrna-10b enhances pancreatic cancer cell invasion by suppressing tip30 expression and promoting egf and tgf-beta actions. Oncogene 2013.Google Scholar
- 26.Kitamura K, Seike M, Okano T, Matsuda K, Miyanaga A, Mizutani H, Noro R, Minegishi Y, Kubota K, Gemma A: Mir-134/487b/655 cluster regulates tgf-beta-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition and drug resistance to gefitinib by targeting magi2 in lung adenocarcinoma cells. Mol Cancer Ther 2013.Google Scholar