Report of clinical studies on chronochemotherapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer in China
- 132 Downloads
Chronochemotherapy has been proposed as a promising modality to provide timely optimized medication to achieve maximum efficacy with minimum side effect for patients with non-small cell lung cancer for years. We collected the data of 11 clinical studies performed in China with the purpose to compare the difference between chronochemotherapy and traditional chemotherapy. Results showed that chronochemotherapy has a more favorable efficacy and safety than traditional chemotherapy.
KeywordsNon-small cell lung cancer Chronochemotherapy Clinical studies China
This study was supported by a grant from the Jiangsu Health International Exchange Supporting Program (to Dr. Xiao-Dong Li).
Conflicts of interest
- 2.Brodowicz T, Krzakowski M, Zwitter M, Tzekova V, Ramlau R, Ghilezan N, et al. Cisplatin and gemcitabine first-line chemotherapy followed by maintenance gemcitabine or best supportive care in advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a phase iii trial. Lung Cancer. 2006;52:155–63.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Non small cell lung cancer. 2013, cited 2013-10-30. Available from: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/nscl.Pdf.
- 5.Nation Comprehensive Cancer Network (2013) non–small cell lung cancer (version 2.2014). Available: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/nscl.Pdf Accessed 21 Jan 2014.
- 8.D’Addario G, Felip E, Group EGW. Non-small-cell lung cancer: ESMO clinical recommendations for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up. Ann Oncol: Off J Eur Soc Med Oncol/ESMO. 2009;20 Suppl 4:68–70.Google Scholar
- 19.Levi FA, Zidani R, Vannetzel JM, Perpoint B, Focan C, Faggiuolo R, et al. Chronomodulated versus fixed-infusion-rate delivery of ambulatory chemotherapy with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and folinic acid (leucovorin) in patients with colorectal cancer metastases: a randomized multi-institutional trial. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1994;86:1608–17.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar