Association study of SNPs of genes IFNGR1 (rs137854905), GSTT1 (rs71748309), and GSTP1 (rs1695) in gastric cancer development in samples of patient in the northern and northeastern Brazil
- 225 Downloads
Cancer is a multifactorial disease with a high mortality rate in Brazil and worldwide. Gastric cancer (GC) is considered the fourth type of malignancy more frequent in the population worldwide and the second leading cause of death. This work aimed to evaluate single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of IFNGR1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 genes samples in gastric cancer. We analyzed 60 samples of gastric cancer, 26 diffuse and 34 intestinal types, totaling 120 alleles for each SNP. The results were obtained by PCR and allele-specific PCR. Statistical analyzes performed using BioEstat 5.0 software, applying the Fisher’s exact test and chi-square. Only the SNP gene GSTP1 (rs1695) were significantly associated with gastric cancer in the samples analyzed (χ 2 = 8.73, P < 0.05). Our results suggest that the GSTP1 gene SNP (rs1695) can be considered a risk factor associated with gastric carcinogenesis.
KeywordsSNPs Gastric cancer GSTP1
This work was supported by grants of CAPES and CNPq. The authors would like to thank James overall for proofreading the article.
Conflict of interest
- 10.Moscow JA, Townsend AJ, Goldsmith ME, Whang-Peng J, Vickers PJ, Poisson R, et al. Isolation of the human anionic glutathione S-transferase cDNA and the relation of its gene expression to estrogen-receptor content in primary breast cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:6518–22.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 19.Sampaio A, Santos P. Fatores genéticos Helicobacter pylori e do hospedeiro na carcinogenese gástrica. Revista Portuguesa de Ciências Biomédicas. 2008;3:72–8.Google Scholar
- 21.Rorh P, Cañedo AD, Paskulin G, Schuller I, Nardi ND, Kvitko K. Análise dos polimorfismos GSTM1 e GSTT1 em pacientes que desenvolveram leucemias agudas. Braz J Biosci. 2004;2:143–50.Google Scholar
- 24.Castaño-Molina E, Santacoloma M, Arango L, Camargo M. Gastric cancer and detoxifying genes in a Colombian population. Rev Col Gastroenterol. 2010;25:252–60.Google Scholar
- 25.Dunna NR, Vuree S, Kagita S, Surekha D, Digumarti R, Rajappa S, et al. Association of GSTP1 gene (I105V) polymorphism with acute leukemia. J Genet. 2012;91:60–3.Google Scholar