Seeds mediated synthesis of giant gold particles on the glass surface
- 3 Downloads
Herein, we present the protocols of synthesis of two types of gold particles which are in the great interest for the purpose of molecular electronics. The first type is the flat prisms with a triangular/hexagonal shape and a lateral size up to ~ 80 µm. They were synthesized directly on a glass surface pretreated with (3-aminopropyl)-triethoxysilane molecules. The second type of particles was synthesized with using gold seeds with diameter of 18 nm. These seeds were deposited on a glass surface coated with APTES. The resulted three-dimensional structures with a form close to spherical increase in size up to 0.5–0.08 µm. Moreover, these particles grew up separately and did not merge during 48 h of synthesis.
KeywordsGold seeds Giant particles Prisms Citrate APTES
The manuscript was written through contributions of all authors. All authors have given approval to the final version of the manuscript.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no competing interests.
- Borodinova TI, Sapsay VI, Romanyuk VR (2015) Gold nanocrystals growth in the mixture of primary alcohols. J Nano Electron Phys 7(1):01032-1–01032-10Google Scholar
- Maksimenko LS, Rudenko SP, Stetsenko MO, Matyash IE, Mischuk OM, Kolomzarov YuV, Serdega BK (2016) Diagnostic of resonant properties of Au-PTFE nanostructures for sensor applications. In: Bonca J, Kruchinin S (eds) Nanomaterials for security. NATO science for peace and security series A: chemistry and biology. Springer, Berlin, pp 267–281CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Radha B, Kulkarni GU (2012) Giant single crystalline Au microplates. Curr Sci 102(1):70–77Google Scholar
- Stavinskaya O, Laguta I, Orel I (2014) Silica-gelatin composite materials for prolonged desorption of bioactive compounds. Mater Sci (Medziagotyra) 20(2):171–176Google Scholar
- Stetsenko MO et al (2017) Optical properties of gold nanoparticle assemblies on a glass surface. Nanoscale Res Lett. https://doi.org/10.1186/s11671-017-2107-8
- Xiao L, Yeung ES (2014) Optical imaging of individual plasmonic nanoparticles in biological samples. Annu Rev Anal Chem 7:89–111. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-anchem-071213-020125 CrossRefGoogle Scholar