Electroluminescence energy efficiency of Si-structures with different compound of nanoscale dislocation complexes
Changes in the defect structure and luminescence properties of silicon p-type crystals surface layer under the influence of plastic deformation and high temperature annealing in oxygen atmosphere were investigated. A special role of dislocations in the surface layer of silicon during the formation its energy spectrum and rebuilding the defective structure was established. It is shown that the concentration of linear defects more than 104 cm−2 enriched subsurface layer with electrically-active complexes (dislocation—oxygen, dislocation—vacancy, dislocation—interstitial atoms of silicon) that are effective radiative recombination centers. It has been demonstrated that mixed treatment of silicon crystals by plastic deformation, high temperature annealing in the flowing oxygen atmosphere and elastic deformation at the final stage increases the energy efficiency of the radiative structures.
KeywordsSilicon Dislocation-related luminescence High-temperature annealing Irradiative recombination centers in silicon Energy efficiency
Silicon crystals grown by Czochralski method
Flow oxygen atmosphere
Full width at half maximum
BP and MK initiated the research, designed the experimental strategy. MK and DS performed the treatment of silicon crystals and production of barrier and light-emitting structures. MK carried of the EL spectra’s measurements and DS performed the energy efficiency calculations. BP and DS performed the data analysis and drafted the manuscript. All authors read and approved the final manuscript.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no competing interests.
- Cogan L (2011) Power infrared diodes. Electron STB 8(00114):66–73Google Scholar
- Dolgolenko AP (2012) Electronic configurations of the levels of divacancies in silicon. Probl At Sci Technol 8(5):13–20Google Scholar
- Li S, Gao Y, Fan R, Li D, Yang D (2015) Room-temperature near-infrared electroluminescence from boron-diffused silicon p-n-junction diodes. Front Mater Opt Photonics 2(8):1–4Google Scholar
- Pavlyk BV, Kushkyk MO, Slobodzyan DP (2015) About the nature of electroluminescence centers in plastically deformed crystals of p-type silicon. J Nano Electron Phys 7(3):030431–030435Google Scholar
- Pavlyk BV, Kushkyk MO, Slobodzyan DP (2017) Origin of dislocation luminescence centers and their reorganization in p-type silicon crystal subjected to plastic deformation and high temperature annealing. Nanoscale Res Lett 12(358):1–8Google Scholar
- Slobodzyan DP, Pavlyk BV, Kushlyk MO (2015) Features of influence of X-radiation and magnetic field on the electrical characteristics of barrier structures based on p-Si with dislocation, designed for solar energy. J Nano Electron Phys 7(4):04051-1–04051-5Google Scholar