The effect of boiling on qualitative properties of grape juice produced by the traditional method
- 190 Downloads
In this study, grape molasses produced by using the traditional methods from the from Taşkent town of Konya were analysed for their some quality values. Depending on the type of grape molasses and boiling periods, some differences were found in physico-chemical properties. Protein, pH, total acid, hydroximetil furfural, soluble dry matter, total phenol and viscosity values were found between 0.260 % and 0.421 %, 7.82 and 8.35 %, 0.477 % and 0.585 %, 3.312 mg/kg and 6.336 mg/kg, 20.447 mg/L and 25.813 mg/L, 61.5 and 67.0 % and 65.60 mPa.s to 91.75 mPa.s, respectively. Antioxidant activity values were determined between % 86.437 and % 93.395. L* values were established between 20.41 and 55.29, while a* values are found between 8.11 and 18.69 and b* values are between 34.94 and 47.47. The K, Mg, Na, P, Ca contents of all the molasses samples has been detected at high levels. At some quality parameters such as protein, total acid and L* values have been decreased towards to end of the boiling period. As a result, antioxidant activity and anthocyanin in the red grape molasses were superior to compared with other types of grape molasses.
KeywordsGrape Grape molasses Grape molasses rescript Liquid grape molasses Molasses
This study was supported by Selcuk University Scientific Research Project (S.Ü.-BAP, Konya-Turkey). The authors wish to thank BAP Staffs.
- AOAC (1984) Official methods of analysis. Association of official analytical chemists, 14 thth edn. Association of Official Analitical Chemists, Arlington, VA, USAGoogle Scholar
- AOAC (1995) Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Official Methods of Analysis, 16th Edition. Edited by Patricia Cunniff. Virginia, USAGoogle Scholar
- Batu A, Gök V (2006) Pekmez üretiminde HACCP Uygulaması. Gıda, 3:1–18Google Scholar
- Karakaya M, Artık N (1990) Zile hard grape pekmez production technology and determination of its components (Zile pekmezi üretim tekniği ve bileşim unsurlarının belirlenmesi). Gıda 15(3):151–154Google Scholar
- Kayışoğlu S, Demirci M (2006) Effects of storage time and condition on mineral contents of grape pekmez produced by vacuum and classical methods. J Tekirdağ Agric Fac 3(1):1–7Google Scholar
- Kelebek H (2009) Değişik Bölgelerde Yetiştirilen Öküzgözü, Boğazkere ve Kalecik Karası Üzümlerinin ve Bu Üzümlerden Elde Edilen Şarapların Fenol Bileşikleri Profili Üzerinde Araştırmalar. Çukurova Üniversitesi Fen Bilimleri Enstitüsü Gıda Mühendisliği Anabilim Dalı Doktora Tezi. Adana s 259Google Scholar
- Ribereau-Gayon P, Dubourdieu D, Doneche B, Lanvoud A (2000) Handbook of Enology, Volume 1: The Microbiology of Wine and Vinification. John Wiley and Sons Ltd., EnglandGoogle Scholar
- Skujins S (1998) Handbook for ICP-AES (Vartian-Vista). A Short Guide to Vista Series ICP-AES Operation. Variant Int. AG, Zug version 1.0 Switzerland.Google Scholar
- Topçu AA, Besler HT, Yurttagül M (1997) Pekmez (Grape juice molasses) mineral contents. Food Technol 2:46–49Google Scholar
- Vasquez Roncero A, Janer Del Valle C, Janer Del Valle ML (1973) Determinacion de los polifenoles totales del aceite de oliva. Grasas Aceites 24(6):350–357Google Scholar