Complete mitochondrial genome of Chinese Noctule bat, Nyctalus plancyi (Microchiroptera: Vespertilionidae)
The Chinese Noctule bat, Nyctalus plancyi, is an endemic bat species of China, which has been listed as Least Concern on the IUCN red list of Threatened Species. Here we sequenced and characterized the complete mitochondrial genome of N. plancyi for the first time. The mitogenome is 17,494 bp in length, consisting of 13 protein-coding genes, 22 transfer RNA (tRNA) genes, 2 ribosomal RNA (rRNA) genes, and a non-coding control region (D-loop). The overall base composition is 32.0% A, 29.3% T, 24.1% C and 14.5% G. As in other bats, most mitochondrial genes are encoded on H-strand, except for ND6 and 8 tRNA. This mitogenome provides a valuable resource for further studies on molecular evolution and phylogenetic classification of the genus Nyctalus.
KeywordsNyctalus plancyi Chiroptera Vespertilionidae Complete mitochondrial genome
This study was supported by projects of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 31200311), the Scientific Research Foundation of the Education Department of Sichuan Province, China (No. 18TD0037) and the Scientific Research Foundation of Mianyang Teachers’ College (No. MYHQ2016A01).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest. The authors alone are responsible for the content and writing of the paper.
- Shi H, Wu Y, Hu J (2000) Research advances and conservation strategy on Nyctalus velutinus. Sichuan J Zool 19(1):39–40Google Scholar
- Shi H, Liu H, Wu Y, Hu J (2008) Postnatal growth and age estimation in villus noctule (Nyctalus velutinus). Acta Theriol Sin 28(1):42–48Google Scholar
- Simmons NB (2005) Order Chiroptera. In: Wilson DE, Reeder DM (eds) Mammal species of the world: a taxonomic and geographic reference, 3rd edn. The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, pp 312–529Google Scholar
- Smith AT, Xie Y (2009) A guide to the mammals of China. Hunan Education Publishing House, ChangshaGoogle Scholar
- Smith AT, Johnston CH, Jones G, Rossiter S (2008) Nyctalus plancyi. In: IUCN 2008. The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Available http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/136828/0. Accessed 6 Dec 2017
- Wang Y (2003) A complete checklist of mammal species and subspecies in China. China Forestry Publishing House, BeijingGoogle Scholar