Isolation and characterization of polymorphic microsatellite markers in Metasequoia glyptostroboides (Taxodiaceae)
- 139 Downloads
Metasequoia glyptostroboides is an endangered plant endemic to China. Eleven polymorphic microsatellite loci were successfully isolated from M. glyptostroboides. The number of alleles per locus ranged from 2 to 6. The observed (HO) and expected (HE) heterozygosities ranged from 0.1842 to 0.8421 and 0.2389 to 0.6639, respectively. Polymorphism information content ranged from 0.2172 to 0.5901. No significant linkage disequilibrium was observed between the loci. Four loci showed significant deviations from Hardy–Weinberg equilibrium. These 11 effective primer pairs are expected to be useful for further studies on population genetics, mating system analysis, and conservation genetics in M. glyptostroboides.
KeywordsMetasequoia glyptostroboides Microsatellite loci Conservation Genetic diversity
We thank Prof. Xiao-Yong Chen for helpful comments on an early version for the manuscript. This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (30700101) and Shanghai Education Commission Foundation for Excellent Young High Education Teacher of China (hsd-07023) to YY Li.
- Chen XY (2000) Population genetics considerations for ecological restoration. Resour Environ Yangtze Basin 9:313–319Google Scholar
- Chen XY, Li YY, Wu TY, Zhang X, Lu HP (2003) Size-class differences in genetic structure of Metasequoia glyptostroboides Hu et Cheng (Taxodiaceae) plantations in Shanghai. Silvae Genet 52:107–109Google Scholar
- Kuser JE, Sheely DL, Hendricks DR (1997) Genetic variation in two ex situ collections of the rare Metasequoia glyptostroboides (Taxodiaceae). Silvae Genet 46:258–264Google Scholar
- Li ZZ, Gong JJ, Wang Y, Huang HW (2003) Spatial structure of AFLP genetic diversity of remnant populations of Metasequoia glyptostroboides (Taxodiaceae). Biodiver Sci 11:265–275Google Scholar
- Li HS, Xie GW, Chen XY (2009) Isolation and characterization of microsatellite markers for the endangered Monimopetalum chinense (Celastraceae). Conserv Genet. doi: 10.1007/s10592-008-9767-y
- Liu M, Shi MM, Liu MH, Chen XY (2009) Isolation and characterization of microsatellite loci in Fagus longipetiolata Seem. (Fagaceae). Conserv Genet. doi: 10.1007/s10592-009-9873-5