Isolation and characterization of microsatellite loci in Rhinogobio ventralis
- 80 Downloads
From (AAAG)n enriched genomic library, we developed 25 microsatellite loci in Rhinogobio ventralis, an endemic fish in the upper reaches of the Yangtze River in China, using the fast isolation by AFLP of sequences containing repeats (FIASCO) protocol. Twelve primer pairs exhibited polymorphic with two to 11 alleles per locus, while the rest 13 displayed monomorphic in a test on a population of 40 individuals. Observed heterozygosities ranged from 0.15 to 0.88. Nine loci are highly informative (PIC > 0.5). These loci should be useful in further genetic analyses in different populations of Rhinogobio ventralis and its congeneric species.
KeywordsRhinogobio ventralis Microsatellites Polymorphic loci Population genetics
We thank Di Zhu, Zhi Yang, Yichao Zhang, Ruiping Feng, Ye Qiao, for their help with fish sampling. This work was supported by the project of hydro-biodiversity monitoring at Pengshui hydropower station on Wujiang River (PS/HB011-2006).
- Botstein D, White RL, Skolnick M, Davis RW (1980) Construction of a genetic linkage map in man using restriction fragment length polymorphisms. Am J Human Genet 32:314–331Google Scholar
- Chen DQ, Duan XB, Liu SP, Shi WG, Wang B (2002) On the dynamics of fishery resources of the Yangtze River and its management. Acta Hydrobiol Sin 26:685–690Google Scholar
- Deng HS, He XF (2005) Study on the biology of ventralis in the Changjiang River. J Southwest Agric Univ (Nat Sci) 27:704–708Google Scholar
- Raymond M, Rousset F (1995) GENEPOP (version 1.2): population genetics software for exact tests and ecumenicism. J Hered 86:248–249Google Scholar
- Zhang X, Gao Y (2004) To design PCR primers with Oligo 6 and Primer Premier 5. China J Bioinf 2:15–18Google Scholar
- Zhou QG, He XF (1992) A preliminary study on biology of Rhinogobio ventralis in Wujiang River. Freshw Fish 5:11–14Google Scholar