The inducement of coal spontaneous combustion disaster and control technology in a wide range of coal mine closed area
- 90 Downloads
Based on the theory of coal and oxygen interaction mechanism and combined with the actual situation of a coal spontaneous combustion incident at Wangtaipu coal mine, the occurrence conditions, process, and the degree of risk of spontaneous combustion in the closed area are analyzed in detail. The main reasons for the coal spontaneous combustion in the closed area were obtained by the extraction and analysis of the multiinformation. The fractures on the seal walls were analyzed. Their distribution characteristics and air leakage were investigated. According to the distribution concentration of CO and O2 and their variety law in the entire closed area, the range of the fire zone was delineated. After that, multiple technical measures were implemented, such as fracture plugging, even pressure for air control, and absorbing and cooling temperature by injecting nitrogen. The concentration changes of CO, O2, and CO2 in the closed area are controlled, and the temperature and pressure difference are obviously reduced. The use of multiple information to analysis the degree of spontaneous combustion in the closed area and the multiple fire extinguishing technology has been demonstrated successful in the practical application. The proposed techniques can be applied to other similar conditions for prevention and control of hazards imitated from coal spontaneous combustion.
KeywordsClosed area Spontaneous combustion Mine fire Control technology Disaster
This work was carried out with funding from the national natural science foundation of China (Grant Nos. 51304070, 51674103, and U1361205). Science and technology key project of Henan province (Grant No. 162102210219). The authors wish to thank this organization for the support provided. They also wish to thank the reviewers and editors for their constructive comments and suggestions in improving the manuscript.
- An X (2011) A dual porosity mathematical model of gas transportation on underground detonation. Chin J Appl Mech 28:565–569Google Scholar
- Colaizzi GJ (2004) Prevention, control and/or extinguishment of coal seam fires using cellular grout. J China Coal Soc 59:75–81Google Scholar
- Jin YF, Hai-Tao LI, Rong MA (2014) Experiment and study of impact for characteristics of high-sulfur coal moisture spontaneous combustion of low temperature oxidation. Coal Tech 33:9–12Google Scholar
- Pan R, Cheng Y, Yu M et al (2012) Experimental study of new composite material to restraining coal oxidation. Res J Chem Environ 16:35–38Google Scholar
- Pan R, Zheng L, Jia H et al (2015) The environmental pollution and control of coal gangue spontaneous combustion in mining. Electron J Geotech Eng 20:3555–3562Google Scholar
- Wang JF, Li WJ (2002) Chinese coal mine accidents and experts set. Coal Industry Press, Beijing, pp 1511–1512Google Scholar
- Xian-Chao QU (2007) Evaluation system of prevention and control technology for coal spontaneous combustion. J China Coal Soc 32:1026–1030Google Scholar
- Yu MG, Pan RK (2006) Wuda coal spontaneous combustion of coal goaf factors evaluation and analysis. China Saf Sci J 16:97–101Google Scholar
- Zhen F (2010) Assessment on emergency rescue capacity of coal mine accident. J Univ Electron Sci Tech China 12:56–59Google Scholar
- Zhu GQ, Liu XK (2012) Investigation into spontaneous combustion hazard and numerical simulation of nitrogen injection fire prevention effects in the roof coal. J China Coal Soc 37:307–323Google Scholar