Equations of state and pressure dependence of bulk modulus for aggregated diamond nanorods
- 28 Downloads
In the present paper study of the high pressure behaviour of aggregated diamond nanorods (ADNRs) and diamond have been carried out. A comparative study of different equations of state is discussed to understand the high pressure behaviour of diamond and the aggregated diamond nanorods. In the present study the usual Tait’s equation of state has been modified to predict the high pressure behaviour of carbon material ADNRs and diamond. The results obtained in the present study are compared with available experimental evidences. Bulk moduli as a function of pressure are also computed for ADNRs and natural diamond in the light of recent investigations. Present study reveals that ADNRs are less compressible than diamond.
KeywordsDiamond Diamond nano rods Equation of state Compressibility
PACS Nos.61.82.Rx 62.20.-x 62.20.de 62.25.-g 64.10. +h
Authors are grateful to Mr. Kiran Parikh, Fuel Reprocessing Division (FRD), Dr. K. D. Joshi Applied Physics Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai for their help.
- N Dubrovinskaiaa, L Dubrovinsky, W Crichton, F Langenhorst and A Richter Appl. Phys. Lett. 87 083106 (2005)Google Scholar
- A S Barnard, S P Russo and I K Snook Nano Lett. 3 1323 (2003)Google Scholar
- A S Barnard, S P Russo and I K Snook Philos. Mag. 84 899 (2004)Google Scholar
- L M Thomas and J Shanker Phys. Stat. Sol. (b) 189 363 (1995)Google Scholar
- J Shanker, S S Kushwah and P Kumar Phys. B 233 78 (1997)Google Scholar