A comprehensive study of boron nitride nanotubes multiple synthesis from a single precursor
- 243 Downloads
Importance of boron nitride nanotubes due to its applications in the fields of biomedical, microelectronic mechanical systems and solid state neutron detectors has greatly increased the demand for high quality and large scale synthesis of boron nitride nanotubes. The idea of using a single precursor for multiple synthesis has been utilized and boron nitride nanotubes are synthesized from fresh as well as residual material left after first and second experimental runs. For the first time, experimental results are characterized and analyzed for their size, morphology and quality of the final product. Results thus obtained are likely to be steps toward the high yield and large scale synthesis of boron nitride nanotubes.
KeywordsBNNTs CNTs Residual materials Synthesis
We are extremely grateful to Prof. Dr. Norani Muti Mohamed, Director of COINN and MOR Nanotechnology, University of Technology PETRONAS Malaysia for providing Lab and characterization facilities. We are also grateful to Skim Bright Spark Program, University of Malaya 50603 Kuala Lumpure Malaysia for providing funds and facilities for our research work.
- M Ishigami, S Aloni and A Zettl AIP Conf. Proc. Art. 94 (2003).Google Scholar
- P Ahmad, NM Mohamed and Z A Burhanudin AIP Conf. Proc. Art. 535 (2012).Google Scholar
- D Seo et al. J. Ind. Eng. Chem. 19 1117 (2013).Google Scholar
- D Özmen, N A Sezgi and S Balcı Chem. Eng. J. 219 28 (2013).Google Scholar
- A Pakdel, X Wang, Ybando and D Golberg Acta Mater. 61 1266 (2013).Google Scholar
- C Tang, Y Bando, T Sato and K Kurashima Chem. Commun 1290 (2002).Google Scholar
- S Balcı, N Sezgi and E Eren I&ECR 51 11091 (2012).Google Scholar
- B P Martins Frontiers in superconductivity research (New York : Nova Publishers) (2003).Google Scholar