Participation of RCChem–LIPI in the Key Comparison APMP.QM-K91 for pH Measurement of Phthalate Buffer
- 23 Downloads
Metrology in Chemistry (MiC) Laboratory of Research Center for Chemistry, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (RCChem–LIPI) has been participated in key comparison APMP.QM-K91 for the pH measurement in phthalate buffer. This participation is indispensable for supporting the Calibration and Measurement Capabilities (CMC) claim in the field of pH measurement. The method used in this measurement was validated using differential potentiometry cell method and the pH measurements were performed at 15, 25 and 37 °C. The results of RCChem-LIPI in this key comparison were satisfied with the degree of equivalence (Di) and uncertainty of degree of equivalence (uDi) was in agreement with the key comparison reference value (KCRV). It demonstrates the capability of MiC Laboratory of RCChem-LIPI in measuring the pH of phthalate buffer, which is crucial in obtaining the CMC claim.
KeywordsKey comparison pH measurement Phthalate buffer Potential differential potentiometric
The authors would like to thank to Mrs. Eli Susilawati for fully supporting the MiC Laboratory activity, to Dr. Rosi Ketrin for fruitful discussion, and RCChem-LIPI for the funding by project No. SP.DIPA-079.01.2.524341/2015 “Strengthening chemical metrology competency and infrastructure”.
- Anonym, Measurement Comparison in the CIPM MRA-D-05, March 2016. http://www.bipm.org/en/cipm-mra/cipm-mra-documents/. Assessed on 22nd August 2016.
- C. A. Gonzales, R. L. Watters, Certificate of Analysis, Standard Reference Materials 185i. National Institute of Standard and Technology, Gaithersburg (2013).Google Scholar
- W. J. Hamer., S.F. Acree, A Comparison of Platinum and Palladium Hydrogen Electrodes in Aqueous Solutions of Acid Potassium Phthalate. J. Res. NBS., 33(1994).Google Scholar
- ISOGUM Evaluation of measurement data – Guide to theexpression of uncertainty in measurement. Pubhlised by ISO, Geneva (2008).Google Scholar
- http://kcdb.bipm.org/ AppendixB/KCDB ApBsearch.asp/Assessed 22nd August 2016.