Performance Analysis of Hybrid Optical Amplifiers for Super Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing System in the Scenario of Reduced Channel Spacing
In this paper, we have evaluated 200 channels super dense wavelength division multiplexing system (SD-WDM) with varying channel spacing from 100 to 900 GHz. Effect of proposed RAMAN-EDFA-RAMAN, RAMAN-EDFA, EDFA-SOA and SOA–SOA hybrid optical amplifier (HOA) have been traced out in term of the quality factor, bit error rate, gain, eye closure and output power respectively. It has also analyzed that RAMAN-EDFA-RAMAN HOA delivers the best rating outcome with the channel spacing of 3.125 GHz for long haul communication system. Further, dispersion compensation technique has also used to enhance the data rate up to 50 Gbps with the support of RAMAN-EDFA-RAMAN HOA. Maximum transmission distance of 400 km has covered by the same HOA with acceptable parameters in term of least bit error rate, good rating quality factor, and best-reported output power from the proposed system.
KeywordsHybrid optical amplifier Super dense wavelength division multiplexing system Bit error rate Channel spacing RAMAN EDFA SOA Dispersion compensation
The authors are grateful to IK Gujral Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala for providing the platform to carry out the research work.
- T. Taniguchi, N. Sakurai, H. Kimura, and K. Kumozaki, Wavelength-swept super-dense wavelength-division-multiplexing (SD-WDM) transmitter: Theoretical and experimental study of performance degradation caused by inter-channel crosstalk. J. Lightwave Technol. 27 (2009) 5253–5260.CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- Singh, S., and Kaler, R. S, Simulation of DWDM signals using optimum span scheme with cascaded optimized semiconductor optical amplifiers. Int. J. Ectron Opt. 118 (2007) 74–82.Google Scholar
- Chang, S. H., Han, S. H., Chung H. S., and Kim, K, Transmission performance comparison of hybrid fiber amplifier. Paper no. TuA1-3. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Optical Internet, Jeju, Korea, (2006) 2–4.Google Scholar
- R. Kumar, B. D. Pant and S. Maji, Development and characterization of a diaphragm-shaped force transducer for static force measurement. MAPAN-J. Metrol. Soc India. 32 (2017) 167–174.Google Scholar
- B. Satish, B. Khurana and T. John, Measurement automation to implement evaluation procedure of fourterminal-pair capacitance standards using S-parameters. MAPAN-J. Metrol. Soc India. 32 (2017) 175–181.Google Scholar
- K. Makhija, R. Borade, G. Shaifullah, S. Gujare, S. Ananthakrishnan and D. C. Gharpure, Space electromagnetic and plasma sensor (SEAPS): A laboratory prototype for a space payload. MAPAN-J. Metrol. Soc India. 3 (2016) 283–289.Google Scholar
- G. Rakshit and A. Maitra, Simultaneous radar observations of vertical profile of rain features from space and ground at Ku and Ka bands at a tropical location. MAPAN-J. Metrol. Soc India. 3 (2016) 291–297.Google Scholar