Stereometric Analysis of Effects of Heat Stressing on Micromorphology of Si Single Crystals
- 39 Downloads
The purpose of this work is study of silicon single crystal wafer thermal stability in correlation with three-dimensional (3D) surface characterization using atomic force microscopy (AFM). The samples were heated up to 500 °C for the period of 2 and 4 h. Then the surfaces of wafers were processed by ion beam. The difference in surface structure of processed and reference samples was investigated. Structural and compositional studies are provided by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. Stereometric analysis was carried out on the basis of AFM-data, for stressed and unstressed samples. The results of stereometric analysis show the correlation of statistical characteristics of surface topography and structure of surface and near-surface area. Characterization techniques in combination with data processing methodology are essential for description of the surface condition. All the extracted topographic parameters and texture features have demonstrated a deeper analysis that can be used for new micro-topography models.
KeywordsAtomic force microscopy Si single crystal wafers Stereometric analysis Topography X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Research described in the paper was financially supported by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic under the project CEITEC 2020 (LQ1601), by the National Sustainability Program under grant LO1401 and by Internal Grant Agency of Brno University of Technology, grant No. FEKT-S-17-4626. For the research, infrastructure of the SIX Center was used. Part of the work was carried out with the support of CEITEC Nano Research Infrastructure (ID LM2015041, MEYS CR, 2016–2019), CEITEC Brno University of Technology.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflicts of Interest
The authors declare that they have no competing interests.
- 1.Sengupta A, Sarkar CK (eds) (2015) Introduction to Nano: Basics to Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-47314-6
- 2.Ţălu Ş (2015) Micro and nanoscale characterization of three dimensional surfaces. Basics and applications, Napoca Star Publishing House, Cluj-NapocaGoogle Scholar
- 3.Šesták J, Simon P (2012) Thermal analysis of micro, Nano- and non-crystalline materials: transformation, crystallization, kinetics and thermodynamics. Springer Science & Business Media. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-3150-1.
- 5.Abdulagatov AI, Ramazanov SM, Dallaev RS, Murliev EK, Palchaev DK, Rabadanov MK, Abdulagatov IM (2018) Atomic layer deposition of aluminum nitride using Tris(diethylamido)aluminum and hydrazine or ammonia. Russ Microelectron 47(2):118–130. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1063739718020026 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Mazzocchi, V., Sennikov, P. G., Bulanov, A. D., Churbanov, M. F., Bertrand, B., Hutin, L., … Sanquer, M. 99.992% 28Si CVD-grown epilayer on 300 mm substrates for large scale integration of silicon spin qubits. J Cryst Growth (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-017-4462-5
- 9.Alford, T. L., Tang, T., Thompson, D. C., Bhagat, S., & Mayer, J. W. Influence of microwave annealing on direct bonded silicon wafers. Thin Solid Films (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2007.06.118
- 10.Fung, T. H., Chan, C. E., Hallam, B. J., Payne, D. N. R., Abbott, M. D., & Wenham, S. R. (2017). Impact of annealing on the formation and mitigation of carrier-induced defects in multi-crystalline silicon. In Energy Procedia https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2017.09.087
- 13.N. Naseri, S. Solaymani, A. Ghaderi, M. Bramowicz, S. Kulesza, Ş. Ţălu, M. Pourreza, S. Ghasemi, Microstructure, morphology and electrochemical properties of co nanoflake water oxidation electrocatalyst at micro- and nanoscale. RSC Adv, 7(21) (2017) 12923–12930. https://doi.org/10.1039/C6RA28795F.
- 16.S. Stach, D. Dallaeva, Ş. Ţălu, P. Kaspar, P. Tománek, S. Giovanzana, L. Grmela, Morphological features in aluminum nitride epilayers prepared by magnetron sputtering, Mater Sci Pol 33(1) (2015) 175–184. https://doi.org/10.1515/msp-2015-0036.
- 18.Rabus, M., Fiory, A. T., Ravindra, N. M., Frisella, P., Agarwal, A., Sorsch, T., … Mansfield, W. (2006). Rapid thermal processing of silicon wafers with emissivity patterns. J Electron Mater, 35(5), 877–891. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02692543
- 19.Yoo WS, Fukada T, Yokoyama I, Kang K, Takahashi N (2002) Thermal behavior of large-diameter silicon wafers during high-temperature rapid thermal processing in single wafer furnace. Japanese journal of applied physics. Part 1: Regular Papers and Short Notes and Review Papers 41(7 A):4442–4449. https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.41.4442 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 22.Shiraki, H., Profiler, P., Kanda, T., Hourai, M., Tomokage, H., Spectroscopy, P., … Suzuki, T. (1974). Related content silicon wafer annealing effect in loop defect generation.Google Scholar
- 23.Suzuki, T. Effect of annealing a silicon wafer in argon with a very low oxygen partial pressure. J Appl Phys (2000). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1323512
- 25.Elenkova D, Zaharieva J, Getsova M, Manolov I, Milanova M, Stach S, Ţălu Ş (2015) Morphology and optical properties of SiO2-based composite thin films with immobilized terbium(III) complex with a Biscoumarin derivative. Int J Polym Anal Charact 20(1):42–56. https://doi.org/10.1080/1023666X.2014.955400 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 27.A. Arman, Ş. Ţălu, C. Luna, A. Ahmadpourian, M. Naseri, M. Molamohammadi, Micromorphology characterization of copper thin films by AFM and fractal analysis, J Mater Sci Mater Electron 26 (2015) 9630–9639. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10854-015-3628-5.
- 28.Ş. Ţălu, S. Stach, S. Valedbagi, S.M. Elahi, R. Bavadi, Surface morphology of titanium nitride thin films synthesised by DC reactive magnetron sputtering. Mater. Sci.- Poland, 33 (2015), 137–143. https://doi.org/10.1515/msp-2015-0010
- 29.Knápek A, Sobola D, Tománek P, Pokorná Z, Urbánek M (2017) Field emission from the surface of highly ordered pyrolytic graphite. Appl Surf Sci 395. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2016.05.002
- 30.Ţălu Ş, Stach S, Zaharieva J, Milanova M, Todorovsky D, Giovanzana S (2014) Surface roughness characterization of poly(methylmethacrylate) films with immobilized Eu(III) -Diketonates by fractal analysis. Int J Polym Anal Charact 19:404–421. https://doi.org/10.1080/1023666X.2014.904149 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 31.Y. Reyes-Vidal, R. Suarez-Rojas, C. Ruiz, J. Torres, Ş. Ţălu, A. Méndez, G. Trejo, Electrodeposition, characterization, and antibacterial activity of zinc/silver particle composite coatings. Appl Surf Sci 342 (2015), 34–41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2015.03.037.
- 33.Ţălu Ş, Solaymani S, Bramowicz M, Kulesza S, Ghaderi A, Shahpouri S, Elahi SM (2016) Effect of electric field direction and substrate roughness on three-dimensional self-assembly growth of copper oxide nanowires. J Mater Sci Mater Electron 27:9272–9277. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10854-016-4965-8
- 34.Yadav RP, Kumar M, Mittal AK, Pandey AC (2015) Fractal and multifractal characteristics of swift heavy ion induced self-affine nanostructured BaF2 thin film surfaces. Chaos 25(8) 083115Google Scholar
- 38.Ţălu Ş, Yadav RP, Šik O, Sobola D, Dallaev R, Solaymani S, Man O (2018) How topographical surface parameters are correlated with CdTe monocrystal surface oxidation. Mater Sci Semicond Process. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mssp.2018.05.030
- 43.Mountains Map® 7 Software (Digital Surf, Besançon, France). Available from: http://www.digitalsurf.fr (last Accessed September 10th, 2018).
- 44.ISO 25178-2: 2012, Geometrical product specifications (GPS) - Surface texture: Areal - Part 2: Terms, definitions and surface texture parameters Available from: http://www.iso.org (last Accessed September 10th, 2018).