Characteristics of MEH-PPV/Si and MEH-PPV/PS Heterojunctions as NO2 Gas Sensors
In this work, novel MEH-PPV/Si and MEH-PPV/PS heterojunction gas sensors were fabricated and characterized. The sensitivity and response time were measured at different operating temperatures (30, 100, 200 °C). The results showed that the maximum sensitivity of the MEH-PPV/Si device to NO2 gas is 16% at room temperature, while the maximum value of 74% was measured at 200 °C. Also, the results showed that the MEH-PPV/PS device has better sensitivity for NO2 gas compared to MEH-PPV/Si.
KeywordsOrganic heterojunction MEH-PPV Gas sensor Conductive polymers
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nylabder C, Armgrath M, Lundstrom I (1983) An ammonia detector based on a conducting polymer. In: Proceedings of the International Meeting on Chemical Sensors, Fukuoka, Japan, pp 203–207Google Scholar
- 5.Saidi MA, Rahman WA, Majid R (2014) Effect of different solvents on the thermal, IR spectroscopy and morphological properties of solution casted PLA/starch films, Malaysian. J Fund Appl Sci 10:33–36Google Scholar
- 8.Barsan NS, Berberich M, Gpel W (1999) Fundamental and practical aspects in the design of nanoscaled SnO2 gas sensors: a status report, Fresenius. J Anal Chem 365(4):287–304Google Scholar
- 9.Patil D, Patil LA, Jain GH, Wagh MS (2006) Surface activated ZnO thick film resistors for LPG gas sensing. Sens Transducers J 74(12):874–883Google Scholar
- 10.Nayef U (2013) Fabrication and characteristics of porous silicon for photoconversion. Int J Basic Appl Sci 13 (2):61–63Google Scholar
- 14.Patel AK (2010) Use of electrochemically machined porous silicon to trap protein molecule. J Appl Sci Eng Technol 2(3):208–215Google Scholar
- 15.Šalucha K, Marcinkevičius AJ (2007) Investigation of porous silicon layers as assivation coatings for high voltage silicon device. Electron Electr Eng 79:41–44Google Scholar
- 16.Doğan Ş, Akn N, Başköse C, Asar T, Memmedli T, Özçelik S (2013) Porous silicon: Volume-specific surface area determination from AFM measurement data. J Mater Sci Eng B 3(8):518–523Google Scholar
- 17.Saha H, Das J, Hossain SM (2003) Gas sensitive porous silicon devices: responses to organic vapors. Asian J Phys 93(1):384–390Google Scholar