Optical, Electrical and Photoresponse Properties of Si-based Diodes with NiO-doped TiO2 Film Prepared by Sol-gel Method
- 70 Downloads
The Ti1−xO2NixO films (x = 0.0, 0.05, 0.10 and 0.15) with various NiO contents were prepared by sol-gel technique. The prepared films were coated on n-Si substrate by spin coating technique. The optical and photoresponse properties of the fabricated Al/n-Si/Ti1−xO2NixO/Al diodes were investigated. The optical properties of the films were studied by transmittance and absorbance spectra. The photoconducting behavior of the diodes was investigated under various solar light intensities. The photocurrent of the diodes under illumination was higher than the dark current. This result confirms that the diodes exhibit both photoconducting and photodiode behavior. The photoresponsivity of the diodes are changed with NiO content.
KeywordsNiO doped TiO2 films Diode Optical and photoresponse properties Photoconducting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Authors would like to acknowledge the support of the King Khalid University for this research through a grant RCAMS/KKU/002-16 under the (Research Center for Advanced Materials Science) at King Khalid University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- 9.Hotovy I, Liday J, Sitter H, Vogrinčič P (2002) J Electrical Eng 53:339–342Google Scholar
- 10.Dini D (2016) Phys Chem Commun 3:14–51Google Scholar
- 13.Sze SM, Ng KK (2007) Physics of semiconductor devices, 3rd edn. Wiley, New JerseyGoogle Scholar
- 14.Rhoderick EH, Williams RH (1988) Metal-semiconductor contacts, 2nd edn. Clarendon Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- 30.Rose A (1963) Concepts in photoconductivity. Interscience, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 36.Al-Ghamdi AA, Gupta RK, Al-Turki Y, El-Tantawy F, Yakuphanoglu F (2015) J Mater Electron Dev 1:11–14Google Scholar