Statistical inference for a two unit warm standby system with dependent structure
Assuming that the joint distribution of the lifetimes of online unit and standby unit and the repair time of a failed unit in a two unit warm standby system is trivariate exponential, measures of system performance such as system reliability, MTBF, point availability and steady state availability are obtained. see Marshall and Olkin (J Amer Statist Assoc 62:30–44, 1967). Further, a 100(1-α) % asymptotic confidence interval for steady state availability of the system and an estimator of system reliability based on moments are obtained. Numerical work is carried out to illustrate the behaviour of steady state availability as well as the system reliability based on moments by simulating samples from trivariate exponential distribution.
KeywordsSteady state availability Standby system Multivariate central limit theorem Slutsky theorem
- 1.Barlow, R.E., Proschan, F.: Statistical theory of reliabilty and life testing. Holt-Reinhart, New York (1975)Google Scholar
- 3.Chandrasekhar, P., Paul, R., Savariappan, Feby, G.: Applications of bivariate and trivariate exponential distributions in Reliability Theory, pp. 3181–3191. JSM Proceedings, International Indian Statistical Association (IISA) Section, Miami Beach Florida: American Statistical Association (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Paul Rajamanickam, S., Chandrasekar, B.: Confidence limits for steady-state availability of a system with dependent structure for failure and repair times. J. Appl. Stat. Sci. 8(No.1), 17–27 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Radhakrishna Rao, C.: Linear statistical inference and its applications. Wiley Eastern Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi (1974)Google Scholar
- 9.Sinha, S.K.: Reliability and life testing. Wiley Eastern Ltd, New Delhi (1986)Google Scholar