A Novel Picture Fuzzy Linguistic Aggregation Operator and Its Application to Group Decision-making
- 252 Downloads
The intuitionistic fuzzy set (IFS) is an effective tool to express uncertain and incomplete cognitive information with the membership, non-membership, and hesitance degrees. The picture fuzzy set (PFS) is an extension of IFS, and it can contain more information than IFS. Linguistic variables (LVs) can easily describe the complex cognitive information provided by the decision makers. So it is necessary to combine the PFS with the linguistic term and define the picture fuzzy linguistic set (PFLS), then extend Archimedean triangular norms (t-norms) and triangular conorms (s-norms), which are the generalizations of a number of other t-norms and s-norms, such as Einstein, Hamacher, and Frank s-norms and t-norms, to process PFLS. By combining the PFS and the linguistic term, we define the picture fuzzy linguistic set (PFLS) and the operations of the picture fuzzy linguistic numbers (PFLNs). Further, we develop the Archimedean picture fuzzy linguistic weighted arithmetic averaging (A-PFLWAA) operator and discuss a number of properties and special cases of this operator. Besides, we propose an approach to deal with multiple attributes group decision-making (MAGDM) problem on the basis of the developed A-PFLWAA operator. An approach to solve MAGDM problem is proposed on the basis of the A-PFLWAA operator, and the validity and reliability of the proposed method are proven by an illustrative example. The PFLNs are the generalizations of the intuitionistic linguistic numbers (ILNs), and they contain more information than ILNs. In addition, our method cannot only be utilized to solve the problems with ILNs but also be used to deal with the problems with PFLNs, and it is a generalization of a number of the existing methods.
KeywordsPicture fuzzy set Triangular norms and conorms Multiple attribute group decision-making
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 71771140, 71471172, and 71271124), the Special Funds of Taishan Scholars Project of Shandong Province (No. ts201511045), Shandong Provincial Social Science Planning Project (Nos. 16CGLJ31 and 16CKJJ27), the Teaching Reform Research Project of Undergraduate Colleges and Universities in Shandong Province (2015Z057), and Key research and development program of Shandong Province (2016GNC110016).
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of Interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Research Involving Human Participants and/or Animals
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- 3.Beliakov G, Pradera A, Calvo T. Aggregation functions: a guide for practitioners. Studies in fuzziness and Soft Computing. 2007. p. 221–260.Google Scholar
- 4.Chen J, Wang Z. Multi-attribute decision making method based on intuitionistic uncertain linguistic new aggregation operator, systems engineering. Theory Pract. 2016;36(7):1871–8.Google Scholar
- 5.Cuong BC. Picture fuzzy sets-first results (part 1). In: Seminar on neuro-fuzzy systems with applications. Preprint 03/2013. Hanoi: Institute of Mathematics; 2013.Google Scholar
- 6.Cuong BC. Picture fuzzy sets-first results (part 2). In: Seminar on neuro-fuzzy systems with applications. Preprint 04/2013. Hanoi:Institute of Mathematics; 2013.Google Scholar
- 7.Cuong BC, Hai PV. Some fuzzy logic operators for picture fuzzy sets. 2015 Seventh International Conference on Knowledge and Systems Engineering (KSE), Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. 2015. p. 132–137.Google Scholar
- 8.Cuong BC, Kreinovich V. Picture fuzzy sets—a new concept for computational intelligence problems. Proceedings of the Third World Congress on Information and Communication Technologies WICT’2013, Hanoi, Vietnam, December 15-18, 2013; p. 1–6.Google Scholar
- 10.Farhadinia B, Multiple Criteria A. Decision making model with entropy weight in an interval-transformed hesitant fuzzy environment. Cogn Comput. 2017:1–13.Google Scholar
- 16.Hu JH, Li P, Chen XH. An interval neutrosophic projection-based VIKOR method for selecting doctors. Cogn Comput. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1007/s12559-017-9499-8.
- 20.Liu PD. Some Hamacher aggregation operators based on the interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy numbers and their application to group decision making. Appl Math Model. 2014;22(1):83–97.Google Scholar
- 22.Liu PD, Chu Y, Chen Y. Some generalized neutrosophic number Hamacher aggregation operators and their application to group decision making. Int J Fuzzy Syst. 2014;16(2):242–55.Google Scholar
- 25.Meng F, Chen X. Correlation coefficients of hesitant fuzzy sets and their application based on fuzzy measures. Cogn Comput. 7(4):445–63.Google Scholar
- 28.Schweizer B, Sklar A. Probabilistic metric spaces. Probab Theory Relat Fields. 1973;26(3):235–9.Google Scholar
- 34.Wei G, Alsaadi FE, Hayat T, Alsaedi A. Picture 2-tuple linguistic aggregation operators in multiple attribute decision making. Soft Comput. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-016-2403-8.
- 35.Wei G, Alsaadi FE, Hayat T, Alsaedi A. Projection models for multiple attribute decision making with picture fuzzy information. Int J Mach Learn Cybern. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1007/s13042-016-0604-1.
- 39.Yu Q, Hou F, Zhai Y, Du Y. Some hesitant fuzzy einstein aggregation operators and their application to multiple attribute group decision making. Int J Intell Syst. 2015;71(3):825–39.Google Scholar
- 40.Yu SM, Wang J, Wang JQ. An extended TODIM approach with intuitionistic linguistic numbers. Int Trans Oper Res. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1111/itor.12363.
- 41.Zadeh LA. Fuzzy sets versus probability. Proc IEEE. 1980;68(3):421–1. https://doi.org/10.1109/PROC.1980.11659.