Distance and Aggregation-Based Methodologies for Hesitant Fuzzy Decision Making
- 441 Downloads
Hesitant fuzzy set (HFS) as an effective tool to reflect human’s hesitancy has received great attention in recent years. The importance weights of possible values in hesitant fuzzy elements (HFEs), which are the basic units of a HFS, have not been taken into account in the existing literature. Thus, the frequently used HFEs cannot deal with the situations where all the possible values are provided by experts with different levels of expertise. Consequently, in this paper, we propose an extension of typical HFS called the ordered weighted hesitant fuzzy set (OWHFS). The basic units of an OWHFS allow the membership of a given element to be defined in terms of several possible values together with their importance weights. Moreover, in order to indicate that the OWHFS has a good performance in decision making, we first present some information measures and several aggregation operators for OWHFSs. Then, we apply them to multi-attribute decision making with ordered weighted hesitant fuzzy information.
KeywordsOrdered weighted hesitant fuzzy set (OWHFS) Distance measure Similarity measure Aggregation operator Multi-attribute decision making
The work was partly supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 61273209, 71571123).
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interests
Authors declare that they have no conflict of interest. This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- 8.Dubois D, Prade H. Fuzzy Sets and Systems Theory and Applications. New York: Kluwer Academic; 1980.Google Scholar
- 14.Farhadinia B. Multi criteria decision making method based on the higher order hesitant fuzzy soft set. Int Scholar Research Notices 2014. Hindawi.Google Scholar
- 21.Klir GJ, Yuan B. Fuzzy Sets and Fuzzy Logic: Theory and Applications. Upper Saddle River: Prentice-Hall; 1995.Google Scholar
- 27.Torra V. Hesitant fuzzy sets. Int J Intell Syst 2010;25:529– 539.Google Scholar
- 29.Rodriguez RM, Martinez L, Herrera F. Hesitant fuzzy linguistic term sets for decision making. IEEE Trans Syst 2012;20:109–119.Google Scholar
- 32.Wei GW, Lan G. Grey relational analysis method for interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy multiple attribute decision making. 5th International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery; 2008. p. 291–295.Google Scholar
- 36.Xu ZS. Deviation measures of linguistic preference relations in group decision making. Omega 2005;17:432–445.Google Scholar
- 40.Yu DJ. Some hesitant fuzzy information aggregation operators based on Einstein operational laws. Int J Intell Syst 2014;00:1– 21.Google Scholar
- 41.Zadeh LA. Fuzzy sets. Inf Comput 1965;8:338–353.Google Scholar
- 43.Tian ZP, Wang J, Wang JQ, Zhang HY. A likelihood-based qualitative flexible approach with hesitant fuzzy linguistic information. Cogn Comput 2016. doi: 10.1007/s12559-016-9400-1.
- 45.Zhu B, Xu ZS, Xia MM. Dual hesitant fuzzy sets. J Appl Math 2012;2012:1–13.Google Scholar
- 46.Zhu B, Xu ZS, Xia MM. Hesitant fuzzy geometric Bonferroni means. Inf Sci 2012:72–85.Google Scholar